16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
Hi guys,

I just received a second email requesting my RPRF and Biodata (this time from CPC-Ottawa, which seemingly is the new name for CPP-Ottawa). These had already been requested when my MR was sent (Dec 6th), and I had sent the RPRF receipt and Biodata forms the next day. My GCMS notes, generated on Dec 16 also indicate that the Biodata has been received.

I'm assuming I should just send them the attachments again and tell them I had already sent them before. Has anyone else received multiple requests?

Also, my wife gave birth between my last biodata form and today's email. I just want to confirm that dependents that are Canadian citizens DO NOT have to be included on the biodata forms. Is that correct? Should I mention in my email that I am not including my daughter on the biodata, whose birth certificate has already been sent to CPC?

Thanks!

vijayarr

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2013 (Myself), Added spouse to the existing application 20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
28-01-2014 (Spouse relationship questionnaire)
AOR Received.
06-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
6-01-2014 (Myself), 24-01-2014 (Upfront medicals for Spouse)
I got a second email from CPP-O with the BIODATA/RPRF Request. But, the email said:

"PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID THE RPRF DO NOT MAKE THIS PAYMENT AGAIN. PLEASE SIMPLY REPLY TO THIS EMAIL AND INCLUDE A SCANNED COPY OF YOUR RECEIPT"

Therefore, I just emailed them receipt/form again. Sorry, I can't answer the seconds half your question maybe other members can help you with that.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
vijayarr said:
I got a second email from CPP-O with the BIODATA/RPRF Request. But, the email said:

"PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID THE RPRF DO NOT MAKE THIS PAYMENT AGAIN. PLEASE SIMPLY REPLY TO THIS EMAIL AND INCLUDE A SCANNED COPY OF YOUR RECEIPT"

Therefore, I just emailed them receipt/form again. Sorry, I can't answer the seconds half your question maybe other members can help you with that.
Second that. If they requested RPRF and Biodata from you again, send them the same receipt. You won't have to pay again. Unless there's multiple applicants and you only paid RPRF for one applicant and you missed to pay for your spouse.
If GCMS says that Biodata has been received, you don't have to worry about that.

Regarding the child, simply email CPC and inform them about the addition to your familiy and they will request applicable documents from
you ( if necessary at all ) .

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
iam_toby said:
Second that. If they requested RPRF and Biodata from you again, send them the same receipt. You won't have to pay again. Unless there's multiple applicants and you only paid RPRF for one applicant and you missed to pay for your spouse.
If GCMS says that Biodata has been received, you don't have to worry about that.

Regarding the child, simply email CPC and inform them about the addition to your familiy and they will request applicable documents from
you ( if necessary at all ) .
Thanks, Vijay and Toby.

The email does not state that I should ignore it if I've already paid. In fact, it's the standard email they send out when first requesting the RPRF and Biodata. I've received exactly the same email before. My RPRF payment was the total amount, and I know that I don't have to pay again. I'll just send them the receipt.

I've already informed them that I've had a child, and they requested the birth certificate, which has already been sent and acknowledged. I just wanted confirmation that I don't need to include my daughter in the biodata form when I resend it, because she is a Canadian citizen.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
spookyb said:
Thanks, Vijay and Toby.

The email does not state that I should ignore it if I've already paid. In fact, it's the standard email they send out when first requesting the RPRF and Biodata. I've received exactly the same email before. My RPRF payment was the total amount, and I know that I don't have to pay again. I'll just send them the receipt.

I've already informed them that I've had a child, and they requested the birth certificate, which has already been sent and acknowledged. I just wanted confirmation that I don't need to include my daughter in the biodata form when I resend it, because she is a Canadian citizen.
Firstly, congrats on becoming a father :)

Secondly, the notice of birth is probably what triggered the query in the first place and they just sent the template RPRF+Biodata email. I would recommend you state that you've already paid the fee, include the receipt and also re-do the Biodata form. To best of my knowledge, it does not care about the citizenship status of dependents:

"We require confirmation of this information for yourself and each accompanying family member."

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
thisisauser said:
Firstly, congrats on becoming a father :)

Secondly, the notice of birth is probably what triggered the query in the first place and they just sent the template RPRF+Biodata email. I would recommend you state that you've already paid the fee, include the receipt and also re-do the Biodata form. To best of my knowledge, it does not care about the citizenship status of dependents:
I was under the impression the Biodata form was only for family members that were going to get visas issued, and not for Canadian dependents. Is that not right?

Priority

Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
05-11-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
5-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
2-Apr-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Apr-2014
spookyb said:
I was under the impression the Biodata form was only for family members that were going to get visas issued, and not for Canadian dependents. Is that not right?
That sounds right.

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
So, I think I figured out why I received a second RPRF and Biodata email. I had received the first one, along with the MR, on Dec 6th. Did the medical and paid RPRF thereafter. But my status on ecas had remained "App Received". My GCMS notes showed that I was recommended passed. Also the RPRF email did not specifically say I had been found eligible, as it usually does for all the applicants.

So now, I received a second RPRF email on Feb 3rd (even though I've already paid), and this one says I have been found eligible. And today, my ECAS says they started processing my application on Feb 3rd.

So the key learning is you can be sent your MR and RPRF emails before you have truly passed the eligibility stage. For me it appears it took them almost 2 additional months to find me eligible after I was recommended passed.