+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second Review Help pls

mranimy

May 18, 2018
Hi Guys

i have been sent for second review, i need to purchase my ticket however i don't know how long it would take them to issue my card, can anyone tell me how long does second review take provided all the required document have been sent as requested?

Regards

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Hi ,

Best of luck dear. Please provide some details that why you have 2nd Review ? What was the reason?
so people can guide accordingly.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From the secondary review thread, it takes anywhere from 6 months to a year and half. Though lately people have been receiving pr card after about a year, for those in secondary review.

Like qureishi mentioned, it’s still case by case. With more details people can give suggestions accordingly.

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Average time as of now is 1 year for "decision made status". Mine was exactly 11 months. So have patience for the next 1 year.

mranimy

May 18, 2018
For the first 2 years I did few trips out of Canada but the last 3 years I have been working, may be because of the first 2 years they wanna see and be sure that my dates in my application are correct and I ve been really physically present in Canada for 730, well that is my assumption, however in their email nothing was mention as of the reason for the second review.

Any idea why do they take that long specially if I provide all the requested document which they prove my physical presence for over 2 years?

I have another question, what do they mean by local visa office, because I have read in threads that the file was transferred to local visa office, If am living in toronto for exemple they will transfer my file from NS processing centre to Toronto? And why do they do that?

Thank you guys for your inputs

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The reason a secondary review is triggered can be one of many:
- reported dates don’t match CBSA records
- potential fraudulent information
- lost/damaged travel documents
- it is unclear whether the applicant meets the RO
- IRCC has any other doubts that needs to be clarified

Why do they take a year to process the requested documents ... that’s a good question. I guess they don’t have enough people working on the pr card renewal.