+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second Medical Exam - Need help pls.

ajilosam

Oct 22, 2011
Hi everyone, i'm new here, any kabayan in particular or anobody with same situation as mine. Just finished my medical exam but almost 10 months now no information and update on my application. Is having second medical exam just a normal process before having a decision on the application. The problem is my medical exam is about to expire this coming January but still no positive results from Immigartion in Manila. I tried to write thru e-mail but no reply. Just confused and a bit worried, i heard that other applicants just wait maximum 6 months and they got reply.

Hope guys you can spare time to enlighten me and boost confidence.

narmeen

Nov 17, 2009
Hi dear,

I will advice you to send an urgent email and a fax as well.

Tell them about your situation and how long you have been waiting.

I'm sure they will reply.

Do write your file number, dob, name

ajilosam

Oct 22, 2011
hi narmeen,

Thanks for your wonderful advice, really appreciate it. Luckily, i received a mail from Canadian Immigration yesterday and i was thankful cause they got my medical and they are asking me for my passport for visa stamp, but first i have to undergo a new medical since validity of visa stamping for medical must be at least 4 months according to the letter.

Anyway, at least there is new development. :)

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
It is fairly common to have to get a new medical, where Immigration takes a long time assessing an application. Normally CIC will make its decision, and then ask for a new medical. Since it takes very little time to get the medical, it is wiser to wait until you know whether CIC will grant the PR visa (if you are rejected no need for a new medical, unfortunately).

But in your case you now know and can go ahead to get the medical. Congratulations.