+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second medical exam in one year

TanzilaH

Aug 1, 2023
Hi all,
I have applied again for a student visa after one refusal and received a request for a second medical exam. The previous one was done in august 2023. I have been legally separated from my spouse from the last 9 months and living separately. Anybody facing or faced a similiar scenario where a second medical exam was required? Any advice or input is appreciated
Thank you

Fizhér

Star Member
Oct 26, 2023
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra
Med's Request
06-11-2023
Med's Done....
10-11-2023
Passport Req..
29-11-2023
Hi all,
I have applied again for a student visa after one refusal and received a request for a second medical exam. The previous one was done in august 2023. I have been legally separated from my spouse from the last 9 months and living separately. Anybody facing or faced a similiar scenario where a second medical exam was required? Any advice or input is appreciated
Thank you
Did IRCC request for medical exams in the previous application or you submitted an Upfront medicals?

Fizhér

Star Member
Oct 26, 2023
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra
Med's Request
06-11-2023
Med's Done....
10-11-2023
Passport Req..
29-11-2023
It's understandable to be concerned about the need for a second medical examination for your student visa application, especially after one was completed in August 2023. The request for a second medical exam within a year may seem unexpected, particularly if you anticipated that the initial examination would remain valid for a period of six months.

The requirement for a second medical exam within a year can vary based on the specific policies and procedures of the immigration authorities. While it is common to expect a medical examination to remain valid for a certain period, some circumstances or specific visa application processes may necessitate a fresh medical assessment.

TanzilaH

Aug 1, 2023
Did IRCC request for medical exams in the previous application or you submitted an Upfront medicals?
Sorry about the previous answer.actually i did and upfront medical exam and then submitted my visa application as instructed by my agent. Does that have anything to do with second medical exam request?

Fizhér

Star Member
Oct 26, 2023
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra
Med's Request
06-11-2023
Med's Done....
10-11-2023
Passport Req..
29-11-2023
Sorry about the previous answer.actually i did and upfront medical exam and then submitted my visa application as instructed by my agent. Does that have anything to do with second medical exam request?
This happened to me too. I did an Upfront in June and applied for the study permit in late July, 2023. On November 6, 2023. I received medical request form from IRCC. I had wanted to submit a webform to inform them that I submitted an Upfront medicals with my application. However, I had a second thought and went for another medicals as requested.

You're not alone. It has happened to many applicants and I've read so many thrends on this issue. Some people use webforms to inform IRCC they've done an Upfront and in a few days their medical status get updated so they don't go for the second. Others went ahead and did it.

So, if you submitted an Upfront then this can happen. Either you raise a webform and inform them or you do it as requested.

TanzilaH

Aug 1, 2023
This happened to me too. I did an Upfront in June and applied for the study permit in late July, 2023. On November 6, 2023. I received medical request form from IRCC. I had wanted to submit a webform to inform them that I submitted an Upfront medicals with my application. However, I had a second thought and went for another medicals as requested.

You're not alone. It has happened to many applicants and I've read so many thrends on this issue. Some people use webforms to inform IRCC they've done an Upfront and in a few days their medical status get updated so they don't go for the second. Others went ahead and did it.

So, if you submitted an Upfront then this can happen. Either you raise a webform and inform them or you do it as requested.
Ok thank you so much . I think i will just go ahead and do it

Reactions: Fizhér