+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second Marriage Sponsorship

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck_in_uk It is not a Marriage of Convenience, it is a very hard time which I am going through and we are not already divorced. Both of us are putting our efforts in this relationship and trying things to work out. I just want to analyze all possibilities and outcomes before taking any decision, so that my decision is in the best interest of both of us and this country as well.
People usually don't analyze the future immigration repercussions if they want a divorce because the marriage isn't working. The priority is to end the marriage.

Reactions: zt2018 and scylla
M

mikeymyke

Also people especially dont think about the soon-to-be ex spouse's ability to sponsor and bringing their future spouse to Canada on a visitor visa. Who cares? This woman cheated on you and supposedly used you to get PR, why on earth would you even care about her future at all? Also I dont see what you can really salvage from the relationship and work things out, she used you to come here and had a secret boyfriend, thats a huge betrayal and I dont see how you would even contemplate trying to get back w her

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Something about this post does not seems, normal why ask these questions if your trying to work on your marriage. In here to some people sounds like a moc

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Also people especially dont think about the soon-to-be ex spouse's ability to sponsor and bringing their future spouse to Canada on a visitor visa. Who cares? This woman cheated on you and supposedly used you to get PR, why on earth would you even care about her future at all? Also I dont see what you can really salvage from the relationship and work things out, she used you to come here and had a secret boyfriend, thats a huge betrayal and I dont see how you would even contemplate trying to get back w her
Exactly this. The likely reason to care is if it was a Marraige of Convenience and they both want to come out of it being able to sponsor their real partner.

Reactions: carolbb23

Ravi1990

Apr 18, 2019
Sounding more and more like a Marriage of Convenience.
hello

I have question over here . I was searching for this issue and reach on this thread .My friend wife came here over spouse sponsorship March 2019. After she arrived in Canada she said she got job in other province and fight to go there. And finally she moved in manitoba just after 20 days alone.
Can we consider this as abandoned??
can marriage of convenience can be filed ??
Thanks
waiting for your reply

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello

I have question over here . I was searching for this issue and reach on this thread .My friend wife came here over spouse sponsorship March 2019. After she arrived in Canada she said she got job in other province and fight to go there. And finally she moved in manitoba just after 20 days alone.
Can we consider this as abandoned??
can marriage of convenience can be filed ??
Thanks
waiting for your reply
Your friend can report it as fraud but no guarantee that they'll do anything.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
he is confused either he start this or not , and what are the outcomes
What is he starting?? There's nothing to start.

You cannot cancel her PR. You can only report this to the IRCC with any proof of misrepresentation that you can find. They may do something, they may not. They aren't going to tell you anything or give you updates.

Also, they can charge your friend if they decide that he took money to bring her to Canada. And he will still be liable for three years regardless of the outcome.

Read everything here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/marriage-fraud.html

Sponsors

Don’t be tempted by offers of money or other rewards to marry a person just so they can immigrate to Canada. If you do this, you may face serious criminal charges. You'll also still have to meet the terms of the sponsorship.

Ravi1990

Apr 18, 2019
What is he starting?? There's nothing to start.

You cannot cancel her PR. You can only report this to the IRCC with any proof of misrepresentation that you can find. They may do something, they may not. They aren't going to tell you anything or give you updates.

Also, they can charge your friend if they decide that he took money to bring her to Canada. And he will still be liable for three years regardless of the outcome.

Read everything here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/marriage-fraud.html

Sponsors

Don’t be tempted by offers of money or other rewards to marry a person just so they can immigrate to Canada. If you do this, you may face serious criminal charges. You'll also still have to meet the terms of the sponsorship.
Means to report IRCC if she get to know then definitely she will go for social assistance, This thing became his nightmare now.

Marcy1

Oct 28, 2018
i got married my husband left me when he landed. i had a friend he stayed over his work visa by a few years, we got closer after my separation and divorce, we fell in love, my husband sponsorship ends next dec, am i allowed to marry again, i know i marriage the wrong man

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i got married my husband left me when he landed. i had a friend he stayed over his work visa by a few years, we got closer after my separation and divorce, we fell in love, my husband sponsorship ends next dec, am i allowed to marry again, i know i marriage the wrong man
Fo you mean 3 years from his landing date ends in December. Did you inform IRCC that your husband left you as soon as he landed and that it seems as you were tricked and this was a marriage of convenience?