+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second marriage and adding spouse in EApr

afsar9930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Hello I applied as a divorcee and currently in SS. I am remarrying in June and planning to add my spouse in my ee application

I want to know will this marriage of mine go thru the checks for marriage of convenience and will take as long as spousal sponsorship applications considering the fact I already have 1 failed relationship and also that I m in SS.

What would be the better strategy add her in my existing eapr or sponser her later

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello I applied as a divorcee and currently in SS. I am remarrying in June and planning to add my spouse in my ee application

I want to know will this marriage of mine go thru the checks for marriage of convenience and will take as long as spousal sponsorship applications considering the fact I already have 1 failed relationship and also that I m in SS.

What would be the better strategy add her in my existing eapr or sponser her later
Hi

If you marry before landing as a PR, you have to add her to your current app. That is not a choice. If you fail to add her, you will be committing misrepresentation and she will be forever excluded from the Family Class, meaning you can never sponsor her.

Expect the addition to add another 4 months or so of processing time, possibly more. No one can tell you how long. If you don't want that, delay the marriage until after landing. Note that you will likely be apart for a year or more if you choose that route, as you are required to live in Canada throughout the sponsorship process.

afsar9930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Hi

If you marry before landing as a PR, you have to add her to your current app. That is not a choice. If you fail to add her, you will be committing misrepresentation and she will be forever excluded from the Family Class, meaning you can never sponsor her.

Expect the addition to add another 4 months or so of processing time, possibly more. No one can tell you how long. If you don't want that, delay the marriage until after landing. Note that you will likely be apart for a year or more if you choose that route, as you are required to live in Canada throughout the sponsorship process.
Let me elaborate more. I want to know if I marry before landing and let cic knows about it but don’t take my wife with me and sponsor her later thru family sponsorship program. Can I do that or after marriage I have to include her as an accompanying spouse and land with her?

Secondly, it will be my second marriage and we know that second marriages are scrutinized more and cause more delays.

So I want to know being someone who is marrying again will have his EE application processed in the same amount of time after adding and mentioning my spouse as accompanying as the spousal sponsorship application. Note I m already in SS since q nov 2018

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Let me elaborate more. I want to know if I marry before landing and let cic knows about it but don’t take my wife with me and sponsor her later thru family sponsorship program. Can I do that or after marriage I have to include her as an accompanying spouse and land with her?

Secondly, it will be my second marriage and we know that second marriages are scrutinized more and cause more delays.

So I want to know being someone who is marrying again will have his EE application processed in the same amount of time after adding and mentioning my spouse as accompanying as the spousal sponsorship application. Note I m already in SS since q nov 2018
You have to include her. You can choose non-accompanying but the process is exactly the same as accompanying except she will not become a PR and will need to be sponsored.

Second marriages are not always scrutinized. It depends entirely on the individual situation. No one can say how long it will take.

afsar9930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
You have to include her. You can choose non-accompanying but the process is exactly the same as accompanying except she will not become a PR and will need to be sponsored.

Second marriages are not always scrutinized. It depends entirely on the individual situation. No one can say how long it will take.
Ok thanks

qhadeer

Jul 2, 2011

Hello Afsar,

Chances are strong that they may call your wife for the Interview, if that happens, u can also be present for the interview.

Question they may ask?
How did you meet?
Were you both talking before getting married?
Proof of conversation?
Where did you go for Honeymoon?
Post marriage pictures.

If you are not a PR holder and if it is still under processing when you are about to get married, add her name right away after marriage.
I have also heard a real story about a person whose PR was about to come, and he called CIC and told them that he will be out of country to get married, and CIC told him to send marriage documents and related forms as soon as he gets married and they will process it right away, and they did it.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hello Afsar,

Chances are strong that they may call your wife for the Interview, if that happens, u can also be present for the interview.

Question they may ask?
How did you meet?
Proof of conversation?
Post marriage pictures.

If you are not a PR holder and if it is still under processing when you are about to get married, add her name right away after marriage.
I have also heard a real story about a person whose PR was about to come, and he called CIC and told them that he will be out of country to get married, and CIC told him to send marriage documents and related forms as soon as he gets married and they will process it right away, and they did it.
So u r telling us adding spouse in the ongoing eAPR is better then spousal sponsorship

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Afsar,

Question they may ask?
How did you meet?
Proof of conversation?
Post marriage pictures.

There is little chance of the wife being called for an interview.