+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second divorce after second sponsorship

Abdel403

Aug 24, 2016
Here is my situation. Male here. Long time ago I immigrated to Canada and become a citizen. I wanted to marry someone from home. So I sponsored my first wife. She got here in less than a year, basically for many years she was a stay at home and didn’t contribute financially. We ended up divorcing and I was ruined financially, she took the kids and a good chunk of wealth she never worked for. I would say that it was a sweet deal for her. She got helped and oriented through local women organisations. Now she’s got her house and car and what I miss are the kids, I see them once in a while and with this separated living and not growing up with me they’re not really attracted to their Dad much. So basically I’m a very sad man inside.

After some years, I remarried a lady from home, sponsored the second wife and got here in less than a year. Staying mostly at home, getting some classes, some part time jobs etc but not contributing financially. No kids. I own a house. It’s not working good between us and I feel it’s a matter of time before a divorce happens. I don’t want again to loose everything with my age. I’ve had enough of all this, plus other burdens in my life over time.

I’m not here to discuss who’s fault but looking for information and advice.

What happens if we ended up divorcing. Will she take at least the half of everything like the first divorce? Or are there some different rules, depending on what was my assets when she came here?

Any advices to minimize me the damage?

If it wasn’t that the kids are still in their teen age and if they were married, I would have left and tried to find a far place to live alone back home. I’m tired.

Not feeling good. The feeling of failing.

Thanks in advance!

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Here is my situation. Male here. Long time ago I immigrated to Canada and become a citizen. I wanted to marry someone from home. So I sponsored my first wife. She got here in less than a year, basically for many years she was a stay at home and didn’t contribute financially. We ended up divorcing and I was ruined financially, she took the kids and a good chunk of wealth she never worked for. I would say that it was a sweet deal for her. She got helped and oriented through local women organisations. Now she’s got her house and car and what I miss are the kids, I see them once in a while and with this separated living and not growing up with me they’re not really attracted to their Dad much. So basically I’m a very sad man inside.

After some years, I remarried a lady from home, sponsored the second wife and got here in less than a year. Staying mostly at home, getting some classes, some part time jobs etc but not contributing financially. No kids. I own a house. It’s not working good between us and I feel it’s a matter of time before a divorce happens. I don’t want again to loose everything with my age. I’ve had enough of all this, plus other burdens in my life over time.

What happens if we ended up divorcing. Will she take at least the half of everything like the first divorce? Or are there some different rules, depending on what was my assets when she came here?

If it wasn’t that the kids are still in their teen age and if they were married, I would have left and tried to find a far place to live alone back home. I’m tired.

Thanks in advance!
Stop marrying ladies from "home". Unless you have a prenuptial agreement, she will get her share

fuzel

Feb 3, 2023

Thanks in advance!
just curious to know which country are you from ?