+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second degree in Canada

ctkou

Mar 10, 2014
I completed my first bachelor degree in Economics in UBC in 2011. After I went back to Hong Kong in 2011, I got a job in information systems testing and technical support, so now I want to make a career change into information techology. Just recently, I got accepted by SFU for a second degree in Computer Science.

My question is, does having a canadian university degree already affect my chance of being rejected in applying for a student permit to do a second degree in Canada?

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
ctkou said:
I completed my first bachelor degree in Economics in UBC in 2011. After I went back to Hong Kong in 2011, I got a job in information systems testing and technical support, so now I want to make a career change into information techology. Just recently, I got accepted by SFU for a second degree in Computer Science.

My question is, does having a canadian university degree already affect my chance of being rejected in applying for a student permit to do a second degree in Canada?
On the other hand if you qualify with the other criteria, this shows that you are a genuine student and WILL leave Canada at the end of your study period.