+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second Background Check???

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesterday I called the IO is in charge of my husband's case (the IO that conducted my husband's interview, which was over a year ago), he told me that a year ago, after the interview, he sent the file for a routine background check and that he had expected that in June of 2009 that the visa would have been issued. The routine background check was fine; however, in June 2009 when the application was up for a decision, the decision that was made was to send it in for a second background check. Up until now we're still waiting for the results of the second background check. My question is why send it in for a second background check when the first one was okay? And, how long, on average, do second background checks take? As well, who make the decision to send the file back for another background check -- is it the IO in charge of the case or someone else???

Out of curiosity, for those who had to suffer through background checks, how long did they take for you?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SadGirl:( said:
Yesterday I called the IO is in charge of my husband's case (the IO that conducted my husband's interview, which was over a year ago), he told me that a year ago, after the interview, he sent the file for a routine background check and that he had expected that in June of 2009 that the visa would have been issued. The routine background check was fine; however, in June 2009 when the application was up for a decision, the decision that was made was to send it in for a second background check. Up until now we're still waiting for the results of the second background check. My question is why send it in for a second background check when the first one was okay? And, how long, on average, do second background checks take? As well, who make the decision to send the file back for another background check -- is it the IO in charge of the case or someone else???

Out of curiosity, for those who had to suffer through background checks, how long did they take for you?
Hi Sadgirl.
It is really sad to hear about your frustration.
In fact the discretion about BC is upto the IO/VO. As your case is delayed much, I suggest you get the CAIPS and see what is going on with the file. Perhaps, if lucky before getting the CAIPS there can be a decision.

Rocky636

Jan 7, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th May 2010
Doc's Request.
23-August-2010 Asked RPRF & Pics return back
AOR Received.
23-June-10
File Transfer...
18-June-2010
Med's Done....
24-March-2010
Interview........
11-August-2010
Passport Req..
8-July-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-December-2010
LANDED..........
21-January-2011
Hey Guy's
Is it possible that during the case can you communicate to IO or ask about the case?

If not so can anybody tell me how sad girl call the IO who looking her husband case?

Thanks and Regards

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our file has been sitting there since May 2009. Sept got request for prints, hubby gave them right away. And nothing since. I have emailed them 2 times and both times emailed back waiting on background check results. So 7 mths. Meds/police expired and nothing.

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Dear forum members...I am applying for FSW-1..I lived in australia for one year and Ireland for 2 years for my studies..I have police clearance from Australia after two months of leaving australia and also from Ireland when I left the country after that I never been to abroad except for only three months to Ireland. Kindly let me know that whether I need to get again the police clearances. or they will suffice

i will appreciate your response guys..
mrshah

gillespiedc

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Zhuhai, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
I'm not sure if I completely understand but I think you are saying you went back to Ireland for 3 months after you got the clearance for when you were there for 2 years. The CIC site says you need clearance for any country where you resided for 6 consecutive months. It would seem that your short visit back to Ireland afterward would not require an additional clearance, but I hope someone else can verify that assumption.

I

iarblue

Some embassies accept calls others dont,and her case has been in for quite a while and was at one point given a phone number for contact.
I cant believe your still going throught this cra_ sad girl.

And for the guy asking about finger prints.police reports,only if you been a resident for more than 6 months.And if your asking if they will want knew ones because the process has been in for so long,if they want new ones they will ask for them.

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
gillespiedc said:
I'm not sure if I completely understand but I think you are saying you went back to Ireland for 3 months after you got the clearance for when you were there for 2 years. The CIC site says you need clearance for any country where you resided for 6 consecutive months. It would seem that your short visit back to Ireland afterward would not require an additional clearance, but I hope someone else can verify that assumption.
so u think that i dont need the pcc again..
thxx..

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
mrshah30 said:
so u think that i dont need the pcc again..
thxx..
you only need to provide them for the countries you have lived in for more than 6 months after the age of 18

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrshah30 said:
Dear forum members...I am applying for FSW-1..I lived in australia for one year and Ireland for 2 years for my studies..I have police clearance from Australia after two months of leaving australia and also from Ireland when I left the country after that I never been to abroad except for only three months to Ireland. Kindly let me know that whether I need to get again the police clearances. or they will suffice

i will appreciate your response guys..
mrshah
I'm also not sure that I completely understand. It sounds to me like after you like you got a PCC from Australia 2 months after leaving there and then a PCC from Ireland when you left the country. You can submit those PCC with your FSW application only if the PCCs were issued within 3 months of the date that your FSW application is submitted. If your PCCs are more than 3 months old, then yes, you will need to get new ones done.

EDIT: For any future questions, you are better off posting in the Skilled Workers Forum here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/skilled-worker-professional-immigration-b4.0/ This one is for Family Class Sponsorship.