+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second application 3 yrs have passed ????

Userfriendly28

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
So here's the story . I've sent an application to sponsor my husband back in 2016 and the sponsorship got approved and they started the process of looking threw the files . Because we did not have a wedding ceremony or travelled for any honey moon ( financial reasons) they requested an interview witch by chance i was visiting my husband then and attended the interview. Then things went a little side ways and I finally reached the decision to cancel the sponsorship agreement. Now 3 years have passed since that time and we are back together. We never divorced just did not communicate and were not in a relationship during that time. My question is can I apply to sponsor him again ? What is the outcome of going back together after 3 years of not seeing eachother? Will the cic believe it's a genuine relationship ? I mean people leave eachother and come back but how does it affect immigration? Thank you!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should reestablish your relationship before you apply. Expect more scrutiny of your application after the first refusal and you don’t have proof of contact over the past year. Would start establishing communication records and visit each other in person. Did you get divorced

Reactions: Belarusian

Userfriendly28

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Well it didn't get refused I basically cancelled the sponsorship myself because I wasn't suRe where I was standing ( witch I know I will have to write a detailed letter explaining why I cancelled the application ) we do have contact every day and I am planing on visiting in a month again . Yes there is no proof of contact saved ( he communicated with me I was the one being cold) but we technically were not together since I decided to withdraw my application. There was no divorce

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It would seem unlikely that PR was approved then removed since interviews usually take place before approval. Even though you withdrew your application they clearly had some concerns if you had an interview. You indicated in your post that you didn’t communicate and were not in a relationship during those 3 years. Although you are now communicating everyday and you may feel like you have continued like the 3 never happened CIC will need to see that you have a solid relationship again with proof like you have applied as a whole new application and a new relationship. If you apply and can’t prove that you weren't communicating 6 months ago that will be problematic. You have to think like the. CIC employee. Make sure to document any communication that you have had since you started communicating again and make sure to take pictures together when you visit him.

Userfriendly28

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
The Pr was not accepted I know that , like I mentioned previously I withdrew the application during its process. Yes I am aware of documenting everything . Can i write a letter explaining what happened between us and what made us come back together ? Previously we were together for 2 years before I withdrew the application . Then 3 years passed ( communication was there but minimal) and we decided to go back together couple months ago and I will be visiting shortly . Can i apply after that visit and explain in a letter about our previous application and reasons that pushed me to cancel it and why we want to do this all over again . Is there any chance for this to work? (Meaning a pr getting approved after this mess between us )

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Theres a chance just expect extreme scrutiny on the app and be prepared to detail
EVERYTHING

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The Pr was not accepted I know that , like I mentioned previously I withdrew the application during its process. Yes I am aware of documenting everything . Can i write a letter explaining what happened between us and what made us come back together ? Previously we were together for 2 years before I withdrew the application . Then 3 years passed ( communication was there but minimal) and we decided to go back together couple months ago and I will be visiting shortly . Can i apply after that visit and explain in a letter about our previous application and reasons that pushed me to cancel it and why we want to do this all over again . Is there any chance for this to work? (Meaning a pr getting approved after this mess between us )
Yes - it can certainly work. I would wait until your relationship has been clearly re-established for 6-8 months and you've spent significant time together again before you reapply. You'll also want to show that you are in a marriage like relationship meaning joint asses, bank accounts, etc.

Userfriendly28

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
As bank account together I need to do that in Canada or he has to do so in his country . The thing is he travels for work every couple of months to other European countries for work since there isn't much back home. His finances are not particularly stable and we do not share them at the moment . If everything works out we will here . As for documentation of relationship , I was planning on writing a letter explaining the situation in details . Plus of course pictures , messages, visits etc. Unfortunately because of kids I cannot travel as often as I would like to and all of this will be explained in the letter. What else can I do to help my case ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As bank account together I need to do that in Canada or he has to do so in his country . The thing is he travels for work every couple of months to other European countries for work since there isn't much back home. His finances are not particularly stable and we do not share them at the moment . If everything works out we will here . As for documentation of relationship , I was planning on writing a letter explaining the situation in details . Plus of course pictures , messages, visits etc. Unfortunately because of kids I cannot travel as often as I would like to and all of this will be explained in the letter. What else can I do to help my case ?
Time is what will really help your case. You need to show that you are in a committed longterm relationship all over again. Bank records are not a necessity. Many couple don’t share banking information. A letter explaining your situation will only go so far you need proof that you are back it a relationship.

Userfriendly28

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Thank you so much for everyone's input ! As I understand my best option is to wait before applying and stay in a long term relationship longer. They will not take into consideration the two years we spent together (long distance relationship ) for my previous application . I have to mainly build a new one right ? How long should I wait ? I mean we've done it begor and frankly all this time has passed we don't want to wait another two years but if it's best I can understand I don't want to screw it up this time .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They will certainly take into account your relationship before you broke up but you need to reestablish your relatio ship again to prove that you are indeed in a committed longterm marriage again. I would encourage you to wait at a minimum 6-8 months as others have suggested.

Userfriendly28

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Thank you so much ! Another question if I let's say put his name on my lease . When filling out the application for the applicants address do I mark his home address (where he lives now ) or my address ? I mean he's never lived here but they request 3 proof of relationship witch one is a lease or a house together , letters from friends , hydro bill (to what I can also put his name) . Thank you so much for answering really appreciated

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you so much ! Another question if I let's say put his name on my lease . When filling out the application for the applicants address do I mark his home address (where he lives now ) or my address ? I mean he's never lived here but they request 3 proof of relationship witch one is a lease or a house together , letters from friends , hydro bill (to what I can also put his name) . Thank you so much for answering really appreciated
Of course he has to put his actual address. Putting his name on a lease of a property where he has never lived is not a relationship proof.

Userfriendly28

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Of course he has to put his actual address. Putting his name on a lease of a property where he has never lived is not a relationship proof.
I was looking at the check list and they as 1 document of 3 options out of the 6 they listed .

I can technically only have 1 (letter from family or friend ) the other options I have is either show assets together witch we don't have because of his finances (lives in a country that does not offer many job opportunities and has to travel to near by European countries to work ) add his name on the lease or to my electrical bill witch I myself though was completely irrelevant to prove a relationship since he does not reside here in Canada . Will proof of relationship by text, chat, long phone calls , pictures , previous flight tickets and new ones be enough ? Unfortunately I do not have old hotel receipts or boarding passes as I sent it with my previous application.

Bagofnails

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
If I were you, I would take the advice given to you by those who suggest you re-establish your relationship with your estranged husband. You have a long, long way to go.

If it were me, I would read and learn that application inside out as I re-established a relationship with my estranged spouse.