+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Searching for tech jobs from outside Canada

sanjunairb

Nov 13, 2019
Hello everyone,

Given that a job offer will greatly enhance the CRS score, I am looking for job search experiences for people in Tech who have no experience in Canada.
a. What are the sites you use(d)?
b. What has been the general response? Are employers willing to wait till the visa processing is complete?
c. Is it better to reach Canada on a work visa and then carry on the PR process in parallel?

I am looking for product manager roles primarily in Ontario but I am open to other provinces as well. I was hoping to receive an invite from Ontario to help me with my CRS score (456, NOC:0213) and then look for jobs after I receive PR but now evaluating whether that is still the best approach.

I would love to connect with other active product managers in this forum.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

Given that a job offer will greatly enhance the CRS score, I am looking for job search experiences for people in Tech who have no experience in Canada.
a. What are the sites you use(d)?
b. What has been the general response? Are employers willing to wait till the visa processing is complete?
c. Is it better to reach Canada on a work visa and then carry on the PR process in parallel?

I am looking for product manager roles primarily in Ontario but I am open to other provinces as well. I was hoping to receive an invite from Ontario to help me with my CRS score (456, NOC:0213) and then look for jobs after I receive PR but now evaluating whether that is still the best approach.

I would love to connect with other active product managers in this forum.
I would very strongly recommend that you look for other ways to increase your score. There is an extremely low chance that you will be able to secure a job offer.

The best approach is to get PR first and then look for a job.

Reactions: sanjunairb

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I would very strongly recommend that you look for other ways to increase your score. There is an extremely low chance that you will be able to secure a job offer.

The best approach is to get PR first and then look for a job.
Agree with the above , plus one million people applied for benefits last week because they lost their jobs because of the virus , and they are expecting more . For the foreseeable future the employment market in Canada will be in two words ; a mess