+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sds

Ankish0786

Jun 19, 2018
I have 6.0 band overall but 5.5 in listening Nd my offer letter for northern college timmins campus arrived nd i also paid them one year tution fee plz suggest me shud i proceed or not

ignorancei$bliss

Jan 7, 2014
honestly, because you no longer meet the criteria of Student direct stream! you will have to apply in general category! and visa chances drop significantly in the general category!

your best chance is to write IELTS again and score 6.5 no less than 6 and apply through SDS!

(or you can take a chance with the general category!)

hope my advice helps,if not

wait for the senior members comments! :)

shamem92

Sep 23, 2018
Hey there!!

Need your prospective

I got an admit from conferadation college for engineering business.. total course fees about 18lacs got my bank loan from Avanse bank for 15 lacs.
IELTS -6.5 not less than 6.0. paid my first semester. Parents are financially weak. Paid my first semster fees. Acadamics B.E with 78% with no backlogs.

Offer asks for only 1 semster fees, 2 nd sem fees is due on July-2019

In this case going with general category is recommendable? If yes. Then what financial documents ia ia required?

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
Hey there!!

Need your prospective

I got an admit from conferadation college for engineering business.. total course fees about 18lacs got my bank loan from Avanse bank for 15 lacs.
IELTS -6.5 not less than 6.0. paid my first semester. Parents are financially weak. Paid my first semster fees. Acadamics B.E with 78% with no backlogs.

Offer asks for only 1 semster fees, 2 nd sem fees is due on July-2019

In this case going with general category is recommendable? If yes. Then what financial documents ia ia required?

you should never go for general, buy GIC, and go via SDS, I think you are eligible for SDS

phantomkidd

Nov 11, 2018
I have 6.0 band overall but 5.5 in listening Nd my offer letter for northern college timmins campus arrived nd i also paid them one year tution fee plz suggest me shud i proceed or not
So what's your update on this, Did you proceed with 6 bands or did you rewrite IELTS

yourvish

Dec 11, 2013
I'm helping my elder sister (age - 40) for a 2 year Diploma program in Seneca College. Her IELTS scores are (L-6.5, R- 7.0, W-5.5, S-6.5, Overall 6.5). Under SDS stream, can she apply especially if one of her individual IELTS band is under 6.0 (i.e., W-5.5) ?

CIC website says overall it should be 6.0, nothing about Individual bands

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream.html

proof that you graduated from a Canadian curriculum high school or a language test form showing a
score of at least 6 for English

However in Durham College website, it says
https://durhamcollege.ca/info-for/international/study-dc/english-language-centre/english-language-proficiency-and-elt-partners

**Applicants with an Indian passport are required to submit official Academic IELTS test scores with a minimum overall score of 6.0, with no band score below 6.0, as per SDS guidelines. Select programs may require higher scores. TOEFL / PTE / CAEL test scores will not be accepted.

How true is this and is my sister eligible with the kind of IELTS score she has?

Appreciate your time and help. Thanks,