+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS - whats wrong with it - Any updates - Any country - Any application dates

joshwillard

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Totally understand what you are trying to say. But it's kind of obvious that the timeline given by them (20 days) is of course not correct. They have mentioned this at other places that timelines are not correct due to pandemic and do not rely on this data. 20 days on the site does not imply that it is an advertisement for the students to submit application. Anyway. As for the other issue, SDS applications aren't treated as second priority. Most of the SDS applications from 7 countries are processed in Canada (between Edmonton and Ottawa). Unfortunately, two of the heaviest applicant countries are in the list as well (Chine & India) which due to pandemic created a huge backlog in these two offices. In my opinion, It is safe to say that at least 150,000+ applications between these 7 countries. While the non-SDS are processed in local or designated embassies/missions which are not dealing with these backlogs, except may be in India where the visa offices and VAC were closed for over 6 months. Canada is also facing huge influx of covid cases and Alberta (Edmonton) is in crisis and so does Ottawa. Staff is massively reduced and on top of that, there are other priority applications for family reunion of PR/Citizens due to holidays(assuming).

I know people applied for SDS thinking that its the fastest process but so does those other 150,000 (at least) applicants as well and with closures / reduced staff created a mess. It is getting cleared every day but obviously it'll take time. Now that VACs opened in India for Biometric validation/passport transmission, it'll help reduce application load as well which are just waiting for Bio clearance.

Meanwhile, just try to divert your attention to other things and try not to give in to negativity.
Are applications that are submitted many months back processed without biometrics? Or they start processing only after they receive the biometrics?
Because I applied in August and recently on Dec 2nd I gave my biometrics as soon as the VFS offices opened here.

raunakkher

Dec 5, 2020
Hi All,

I am new to this forum. After about eight months of processing, my application finally got approved on the 4th December, 2020.

Things are rough and being patient is hard, but we have to be. It'll all work out.

If anyone has any questions feel free to divert the questions here. I would be more than happy to help.

Reactions: roQi1

roQi1

Oct 24, 2020
Hi All,

I am new to this forum. After about eight months of processing, my application finally got approved on the 4th December, 2020.

Things are rough and being patient is hard, but we have to be. It'll all work out.

If anyone has any questions feel free to divert the questions here. I would be more than happy to help.
Good day sir. From which country? Did you ever got a notification that eligibilty review started or medical were passed?

Reactions: d@n!3

d@n!3

Oct 26, 2020
As for the OP @d@n!3 .. calm down.. there are at least 50-70 applications that are approved/closed on this forum + FB group in past two-three weeks alone. If you don't have the information, that doesn't mean nothing is happening. My relatives application (applied in July) was approved last Friday and today, passport is stamped/LOI updated on the portal. Your turn will come.
waiting for my turn. thank you for the discussion. it helped.

raunakkher

Dec 5, 2020
Good day sir. From which country? Did you ever got a notification that eligibilty review started or medical were passed?
I initially applied from the USA but moved to India 3 months after application. Although, my final decision section says approved my elegibility is still under review lolll

IRCC asked me to give my medical and I literally gave my medical on the 2nd day of them asking it. It got updated in the system in a week.

• Love
Reactions: roQi1

Mskaurr

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Hi! I applied via SDS basis last august 26 for January 2021 intake.
Biometrics and medical done November 3
Passed medical November 17
Review of Eligibility: WE ARE REVIEWING WHETER YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.
Finals decision: your application is in progress.
Does this means that I am being reviewed for the eligibility and after this they'll give their final decision?

d@n!3

Oct 26, 2020
What does section on review of eligibility: we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements means?
your review has started and some VO has touched your file. its a good sign of progression

My review hasnt started yet

Mskaurr

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
ppl are getting quick decisions. all stages are processed closely together nowadays i guess . maybe experts here can help.
I applied from Philippines sds category. I've seen a case where he/she applied on oct 2 and now has their study permit.