+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS VISA

ngapham17689

Star Member
Oct 5, 2018
I have an offer from Cape Breton University for Jan 2019 intake. They’ve already started the classes at 7/1/2019. Yet I haven’t received the visa. I applied through SDS. Has anyone not yet got the visa for Jan intake? Why do they take so long?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
I have an offer from Cape Breton University for Jan 2019 intake. They’ve already started the classes at 7/1/2019. Yet I haven’t received the visa. I applied through SDS. Has anyone not yet got the visa for Jan intake? Why do they take so long?
Better to ask your uni to defer you for the next intake. Even with a best case scenario that you get approval today and be able to book the next available flight, the second week is almost over. You have already missed quite a number of days.

From where and when did you apply? If your application already exceeded average normal processing time, send a CSE.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Yeah I know. I’ve already noticed the school for deferral. I applied visa in Vietnam, from 24/12/2018.
You applied very late. Recommended application time, even for SDS, is at least 3 months before start of intended program. December have a couple of holidays, which added to the delay in processing time.

ngapham17689

Star Member
Oct 5, 2018
It’s because CBU issued the final LOA for me too late. I’ve hoped that the consulates would consider my situation.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
It’s because CBU issued the final LOA for me too late. I’ve hoped that they would consider my situation.
Sorry to hear about your situation, but a lot of applicants get their LOAs late. It’s very unlikely for IRCC to rush these applicants over those who apply earlier. Because if that is the case, then IRCC would have a big headache as they would not have enough time to review each applications. In this case, they would have to just approve each application without review, thus messing up the system. Non-legit student applicants will take advantage of this and Canada will have a huge number of illegal immigrants in its hands.

Reactions: ngapham17689

ngapham17689

Star Member
Oct 5, 2018
Sorry to hear about your situation, but a lot of applicants get their LOAs late. It’s very unlikely for IRCC to rush these applicants over those who apply earlier. Because if that is the case, then IRCC would have a big headache as they would not have enough time to review each applications. In this case, they would have to just approve each application without review, thus messing up the system. Non-legit student applicants will take advantage of this and Canada will have a huge number of illegal immigrants in its hands.
I understand. Thank you so much for your information. It makes me feel relieved a lot.