+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS or general study permit application? Is GIC required for family visa ?

norton85

Jun 9, 2020
Hi mates,

My first post. I will be very grateful to friends who can kindly guide me these two things.

I have an offer from George Brown for a tech course. I am currently in canda on a visit visa.

1. Should I go for SDS or normal application? My fear being, bringing a lot of money here for SDS without know if i will be given the visa....

2. I have 3 family members. Will definitely be brining them with me. For them, if i apply through SDS, should i bring their support money to Canda? It is 4k +3k +3k = 10k for the 3 members. Is it obligatory to bring all the money and put in GIC or I can show this amount in my account in home country as well OR bring to a normal (non-GIC) account in Canad? For myself, I will be doing the 10K GIC and paying the tution fee in full. My question is relate to the 10k for the family members....

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hi mates,

My first post. I will be very grateful to friends who can kindly guide me these two things.

I have an offer from George Brown for a tech course. I am currently in canda on a visit visa.

1. Should I go for SDS or normal application? My fear being, bringing a lot of money here for SDS without know if i will be given the visa....

2. I have 3 family members. Will definitely be brining them with me. For them, if i apply through SDS, should i bring their support money to Canda? It is 4k +3k +3k = 10k for the 3 members. Is it obligatory to bring all the money and put in GIC or I can show this amount in my account in home country as well OR bring to a normal (non-GIC) account in Canad? For myself, I will be doing the 10K GIC and paying the tution fee in full. My question is relate to the 10k for the family members....
What is your home Country? And I assume you are going to apply from Canada which means SDS will not be applicable to you.