+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS of Student with Spouse - EXTREMELY URGENT

Stkhan83

Oct 13, 2020
Guys, please help. I am really confused at the moment.
I am trying to apply through SDS where I am a principal applicant and my husband is a dependent.
When I completed the questionnaire on the SDS page, they require "Purpose of Travel - Others" for my husband which means we need to have one of these three for him:
1. return ticket from Canada
2. itinerary while his stay in Canada
3. Medical appointment

I am seriously unable to understand this requirement as I have a 2-year degree program and it is not possible to get a return ticket this long and that too without a visa.
Yes, I have selected Open Work Permit for my husband and student for myself as I am going for my Master's degree.

Can anyone who has experienced the same, help me and make me understand how to go about it. Thank You

Khanasma

Sep 20, 2020
I am trying to apply through SDS where I am a principal applicant and my husband is a dependent.
When I completed the questionnaire on the SDS page, they require "Purpose of Travel - Others" for my husband which means we need to have one of these three for him:
3. Medical appointment

I am seriously unable to understand this requirement as I have a 2-year degree program and it is not possible to get a return ticket this long and that too without a visa.
Yes, I have selected Open Work Permit for my husband and student for myself as I am going for my Master's degree.

Can anyone who has experienced the same, help me and make me understand how to go about it. Thank You
So just go for medical appointment.

Khanasma

Sep 20, 2020
Oh sorry then I think seniors can better help you out because I assumed that you had to choose out of these three options. So I thought this is what anyone would need to have either you get visa or not, so suggested.

gg9

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
3. Medical appointment

Hello, I had exact same situation. In my case we attached my husband’s Statement of Purpose in which he mentioned that he is going only to accompany me as I had 2 toddlers also. I’m not sure if that is the correct strategy as I am still awaiting approval for my application. The list you shared are just examples of what SDS showed which are proof for visit. Not mandatory

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
3. Medical appointment

When I applied last year (sp + sowp), from my spouse's end, he submitted a statement of purpose (included reasons why he is accompanying me and for applying for open work permit...), proof of funds which included estimated amount for our roundtrip airfare (included a short explanation letter for this), his medical exam receipt (he did an upfront medical exam), and documents that showed his ties to our country (i.e business docs, etc). Hope this helps.

Edit: he also submitted his recent educ transcript and ielts (though these aren't required but just submitted it since he has it anyway)

Stkhan83

Oct 13, 2020
Hello, I had exact same situation. In my case we attached my husband’s Statement of Purpose in which he mentioned that he is going only to accompany me as I had 2 toddlers also. I’m not sure if that is the correct strategy as I am still awaiting approval for my application. The list you shared are just examples of what SDS showed which are proof for visit. Not mandatory
I pray that this issue of your's get sorted but in my application the have precisely asked for this as a supporting document so i will have to attach this at all cost (i guess).
Can i please ask for your Statement of Purpose of your husband as i am literally unable to make one for him. We don't have kids but i can't go alone hence i just want him to be with me.
PLease help.

Stkhan83

Oct 13, 2020
When I applied last year (sp + sowp), from my spouse's end, he submitted a statement of purpose (included reasons why he is accompanying me and for applying for open work permit...), proof of funds which included estimated amount for our roundtrip airfare (included a short explanation letter for this), his medical exam receipt (he did an upfront medical exam), and documents that showed his ties to our country (i.e business docs, etc). Hope this helps.

Edit: he also submitted his recent educ transcript and ielts (though these aren't required but just submitted it since he has it anyway)
Thank you this info. As we have applied though SDS, we have to show maintenance funds of CAD 10k and above which we have already done. Proof of funds for the airfare should not be a problem but they precisely want one of these three which is next to impossible.

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Thank you this info. As we have applied though SDS, we have to show maintenance funds of CAD 10k and above which we have already done. Proof of funds for the airfare should not be a problem but they precisely want one of these three which is next to impossible.
Based on my experience this may not be mandatory, we didn't submit a roundtrip airline ticket and they approved our application, it was also through sds.

Reactions: singh1402

Stkhan83

Oct 13, 2020
Thank You for these comforting words. I will then sort a way out. Can you please email me your husband's statement which you submitted. I cant think straight at the moment. :(

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
yes, I do understand but it is impossible to get an airline ticket post 2 years. Also if I want to cancel this ticket, I will lose a lot of money. makes no sense.
You can leave before the 2 years is up. In any case, you need to show proof that he will be leaving Canada at the end of his temporary stay