SDS/Non-SDS Philippines Sept 2022 , Let's connect here

mtosan

Star Member
May 19, 2022
Here's mine:

SP + SP for minor, OWP for Spouse
SDS Category

Submitted: May 4
Biometrics: Finished last May 9 (Wife and Son shows Submitted - mine still shows for action. But biometrics data already shows on upper right of profile)
Medical: Upfront done last Feb 28. Wife's sputum test last March 18. Final Xray May 30

It's been 16 days since submission and 12 days since biometrics. No updates or movements. I'm not sure if this is because of my wife's pending Xray

Having second thoughts about SDS as the non SDS seem to move faster and get more approvals

engr777

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Here's mine:

SDS Category

Biometrics: Finished last May 9 (Wife and Son shows Submitted - mine still shows for action. But biometrics data already shows on upper right of profile)
Medical: Upfront done last Feb 28. Wife's sputum test last March 18. Final Xray May 30

It's been 16 days since submission and 12 days since biometrics. No updates or movements. I'm not sure if this is because of my wife's pending Xray

Having second thoughts about SDS as the non SDS seem to move faster and get more approvals
Hello, that seems to be the case now. I've seen non SDS applications getting approved in a week.

mtosan

Star Member
May 19, 2022
Hello, that seems to be the case now. I've seen non SDS applications getting approved in a week.
Yes, it only occurred to me that non-sds is being processed locally and may actually be faster due to lower backlogs. Had I known about this earlier, I would have opted for non SDS

Reactions: nanika

tj11

Dec 26, 2010
Good day!
I just wanted to share my brother applied for NON-SDS from Philippines and whole application only took 4 weeks.

Application received Apr 27
Biometrics done Apr 29
Medical request May 8
Medical passed May 17
Application Approved/PPR May 25

Sept Intake
studying in NAIT edmonton,ALBERTA

goodluck to everyone!

nelsenjay

Apr 27, 2022
Good day!
I just wanted to share my brother applied for NON-SDS from Philippines and whole application only took 4 weeks.

Biometrics done Apr 29
Medical request May 8
Medical passed May 17

Sept Intake

goodluck to everyone!
My wife and I also applied for Study permit from Philippines non-SDS. Her application only took 34 days and she received PPR right away. I applied back in March 16 and received PPR last Monday.

foradlai

May 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
11-19-2008
Nomination.....
04-26-2010
AOR Received.
07-12-2010
Med's Request
01-20-2011
Med's Done....
02-03-2011
Passport Req..
06-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2011
LANDED..........
11-09-2011
My wife and I also applied for Study permit from Philippines non-SDS. Her application only took 34 days and she received PPR right away. I applied back in March 16 and received PPR last Monday.
Congrats!

foradlai

May 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
11-19-2008
Nomination.....
04-26-2010
AOR Received.
07-12-2010
Med's Request
01-20-2011
Med's Done....
02-03-2011
Passport Req..
06-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2011
LANDED..........
11-09-2011
Good day!

Biometrics done Apr 29
Medical request May 8
Medical passed May 17

Sept Intake

goodluck to everyone!
Wow thats pretty fast. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: tj11

mtosan

Star Member
May 19, 2022
Hearing about this makes me wish I did non-sds for my Philippine application. SDS seems to take forever

engr777

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Hi All,

Let's connect here and share our timeline. I got an admission for Masters degree for Sept 2022 intake and recently received a refusal for non-SDS application. I am planning to lodge another application through SDS soon. Below is my timeline (non-SDS). Anyone who recently submitted their applications via the Manila VO and got any updates/approvals?

Medical Upfront - 26 Feb 2022
Application - 22 March 2022
Biometrics - 24 March 2022
BVL - 20 April 2022
Medical passed - 21 April 2022
Refusal - 27 April 2022
Hey guys. I just received my GCMS notes and I'd like to share them with you.

- the client is single, mobile is not well established and has no dependents.
- the study plan does not appear reasonable given the applicant's employment and education history
- the client's proposed studies are not reasonable given their career path
- immigration status is temporary, which reduces ties to home country

Anyone who received the same refusal reasons? How did you tackle the concerns especially the first reason? Thanks in advance.

vee26

Jun 2, 2022
Here's mine:

SDS Category

Hello! I have a similar situation. I've done my repeat x-ray on April 26 2022, no update on my gckey account. Lodged my application last Dec 10, 2021 :(

DIY_Sp_Phil

Jun 8, 2022
Hey guys,silent reader here, just wanted to give my timeline. My Initial plan was to apply for the Jan intake but had to delay due to sputum test done. I then deferred to September intake and luckily got my PPR yesterday.

2022 timeline
Mid September- Got my LOA from my uni
Oct 10 - did upfront medical at ST. Lukes
Oct 12-15- Did Sputum Test
Jan 15 -2nd x-ray and clearance for medical
Jan 18- Lodged my application through ircc portal
Jan 19- Biometrics collection letter
Jan 25 - Did my biometrics
Feb 10 - request letter for additional documents (asked for more info on financial docs since it was incomplete, and PCC for a country I visited which was weird cause I only stayed there for less than two weeks on each trip) with deadline on March 10
March 10 - Submitted 1 out 2 of the required document since I wasnt able to procure the PCC since it was still under process from the embassy
May 7- Got my PCC and submitted it through web form.
May 15- Eligibility review changed to
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

June 7- Got my PPR and correspondence letter.

For today, I submitted my passport along with the required docs. Took me alot of time than most applicants in the Philippines but for those that would lodge their application , just make sure to complete the documents required to be submitted initially. And make sure to submit additional documents requested asap.

In my case, the document that they were looking for was not yet available during the due date so I sent them an explanation and all the proof that I have such as receipts to let them know that I gave my best effort to submit the requirements. Secondly, If ever the document they requested is available to you after the deadline has been reached, make sure to submit it through their webform .

When I submitted the additional doc through webform, in a week my eligibility review was updated. then in a month after that, I got my request.

For those who will be doing sputum , its commonly just a false alarm. In my case they saw small spots in my lungs and turned out to be nothing. It may be scar or just benign. Unfortunately you will have to do 3 day sputum test and wait for results after 3 months for the results of the test and after that you will need to do 2nd x ray to check if there is any growth to that thing they saw in the lungs.

vicentemarian

Jun 17, 2010
Hi everyone I just want to share my sister in law(student permit) and brother’s (sowp) timeline here

May 14 lodge documents online
May 19 biometrics done
June 8 medical request
June 15 medical appointment

non sds Philippines

Last edited:
Reactions: foradlai

foradlai

May 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
11-19-2008
Nomination.....
04-26-2010
AOR Received.
07-12-2010
Med's Request
01-20-2011
Med's Done....
02-03-2011
Passport Req..
06-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2011
LANDED..........
11-09-2011
Hi everyone I just want to share my sister in law(student permit) and brother’s (sowp) timeline here

May 14 lodge documents online
May 19 biometrics done
June 8 medical request
June 15 medical appointment

non sds Philippines
May I know san sila nakapagpabook. Sister ko kasi nagpabook last week. Both st lukes and IOM have 1st week of July availabilities, kaya she emailed embassy that she wont be able to make it sa 30-day timeframe given. Salamat.

vicentemarian

Jun 17, 2010
May I know san sila nakapagpabook. Sister ko kasi nagpabook last week. Both st lukes and IOM have 1st week of July availabilities, kaya she emailed embassy that she wont be able to make it sa 30-day timeframe given. Salamat.
try calling Nationwide Health Systems Makati! They did this morning and got it for June 15!

Reactions: foradlai