+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS INQUIRY PLEASE HELP

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
I just want to know how does Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAN$10,000 works please.
1. Is this going to be a separate money from my tuition fee?
2. How about if a friend is sponsoring, do I need to still have this or open one?
3. And is it a different money from the bank account that I will show?

Thank you so much for those who will reply. This really means a lot.

RDS

Apr 26, 2017
not an expert but answering from what i know:---)
1. yes
2. don't know
3.yes this is with a Canada bank and it will be given to you back when u land in 8 or 10 installments

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
not an expert but answering from what i know:---)
1. yes
2. don't know
3.yes this is with a Canada bank and it will be given to you back when u land in 8 or 10 installments
Woah okay. So for an estimation.. It could be,

10,000 CAD for the GIC
and then 16,000 CAD for 1 year tuition fee
plus my cost of living and etc. which I will show my 4 months bank statement? Is that right?

Thank you.

RDS

Apr 26, 2017
Woah okay. So for an estimation.. It could be,

10,000 CAD for the GIC
and then 16,000 CAD for 1 year tuition fee
plus my cost of living and etc. which I will show my 4 months bank statement? Is that right?

Thank you.
no need to thank me just giving out what i learned from this forum....
1.yes
2. this varies i think this is decided by your college/university where u apply and acc to ur chosen program
3. this is not mentioned on official website search sds canada and u can read about what docs are required... this is for making your case stronger i guess

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
no need to thank me just giving out what i learned from this forum....
1.yes
2. this varies i think this is decided by your college/university where u apply and acc to ur chosen program
3. this is not mentioned on official website search sds canada and u can read about what docs are required... this is for making your case stronger i guess
I see. I am just getting confusion about the GIC and the cost of living. I think GIC is for my account balance it's just that to secure it, they want to put it on Canada's bank account.