+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS GIC

Soukaina.M

Oct 14, 2020
Hi Guys!

Who's applying for SDS from morocco? I'm struggling with the GIC with my Moroccan bank

any advice?

prospectiveab

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
Hey, look at this thread, it's about Morocco and GIC:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/guaranteed-investment-certificate-from-morocco-for-sds.657361/

It's a straightforward process you just have to explain the GIC transfer instructions to them (especially how to fill the SWIFT transaction details).

I do believe more banks now support Morocco, unlike ICICI being the only option last year, so you'll have more options (ICICI sucks just about everything, starting from their user interface, to having to wait 8 days to reset a password/switch a phone number).

Reactions: Soukaina.M

nnnnaq

Feb 8, 2023
I am facing an issue with Morocco to transfer GIC, bank is requesting for student address in Canada. Can someone guide me

prospectiveab

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
I am facing an issue with Morocco to transfer GIC, bank is requesting for student address in Canada. Can someone guide me
Go back and ask to see the manager. Take your passport, letter of acceptance, and GIC instructions printout and ask to make the transfer to your GIC student account. They should make the transfer without an address.

nnnnaq

Feb 8, 2023
Go back and ask to see the manager. Take your passport, letter of acceptance, and GIC instructions printout and ask to make the transfer to your GIC student account. They should make the transfer without an address.
I met the manager and mailed too, they are saying-

“We also inform you that any transfer in USD and CAD, according to FATF Law No. 16, the address abroad is mandatory.”
I am clueless on how to proceed ahead.

cheerupnaqeeb@gmail.com
My mail id, if possible can we connect on mail?

prospectiveab

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
Give them your bank's address, if they don't accept it, move your account to another bank who will help. It's a special SWIFT transfer and not a regular one, students in Morocco are allowed to send money abroad to their accounts and all banks know that.

This process has been done by a lot of students from Morocco, it may have been a while and the regulations might have changed so I'd recommend posting on r/Morocco to be sure.

Rek4997

Feb 14, 2023
Give them your bank's address, if they don't accept it, move your account to another bank who will help. It's a special SWIFT transfer and not a regular one, students in Morocco are allowed to send money abroad to their accounts and all banks know that.

This process has been done by a lot of students from Morocco, it may have been a while and the regulations might have changed so I'd recommend posting on r/Morocco to be sure.
Hi,
I applied to GICI bank yesterday from Morocco and today they sent me instructions for Indian wire transfer. do they usually make these mistakes ?

prospectiveab

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
Hi,
I applied to GICI bank yesterday from Morocco and today they sent me instructions for Indian wire transfer. do they usually make these mistakes ?
Hi, if you meant ICICI, then yes, they're an Indian bank and their instructions contain Indian wire transfer information. It'll still work, just read their instructions carefully esp. about how to fill the SWIFT fields for the transfer.

Reactions: Rek4997