+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS GIC from Pakistan

STELLARRISE

Dec 10, 2020
Hello Peeps,

I have a question for the GIC.

I am from Pakistan but still resident in Dubai however out of work and living here to find work. I have an account in HSBC Dubai.

Now I have been accepted by NBCC New Brunswick and I want to apply for my student visa using SDS program. I plan to do my medical and police report from Pakistan. My address in the college acceptance letter is Pakistan as well.

Banks in Pakistan have a lot of red tape around sending $ outside of the country and most of them have not heard about GIC. Their usual game is to produce a requirement out of thin air like open FC account or get state bank approval etc.

To avoid this headache, I think I will be better off buying the GIC from my HSBC Dubai account t (under my name) through scotia bank in Canada. They have a branch like five mins drive from my college.

Do you think the Canadian visa officer will have issues if I bought the GIC from a bank not present in Pakistan?

Please suggest.

Thanks

UXAMA

May 11, 2020
no brother go to canada visa website there is a complete list of bank you can only apply for gic if you open account there

STELLARRISE

Dec 10, 2020
no brother go to canada visa website there is a complete list of bank you can only apply for gic if you open account there
Yes and like I said I am using Scotia bank which is a participating bank in the SDS program (correct me if I am wrong) !

qaziarslantariq

Sep 12, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
14-02-2019
Bro i have also applied for winter 2021 NBCC. Can you please whatsp me at 00923325671929
Need some information regarding admission procedure. Thank you

gr8ninja18

Oct 5, 2020
How to get GIC from Pakistan.
Canada Side (CIBC)
Go to the following website and click apply https://www.cibc.com/.../international-student-gic.html
Select the country and you will be given two options CAD or USD. Select CAD because it is cheaper. At the moment of this post they are asking 7849.91 USD which you can convert to 10224.94 CAD from google while if u select CAD they only ask for 10150 CAD. Hence CAD option is cheaper. You can do this your self to confirm.
While filling your detail at the end there is a referral option. If you have a referral email you will get extra bonus mentioned on this site (https://www.cibc.com/.../special.../isbo-refer-a-friend.html) at the time of the post it is 25 CAD bonus. If you need I can give you a email for referral.
Fill all the information carefully save every page as pdf in your computer before clicking next (important later) To do this press ctrl P and select save as pdf in printer/destination option.
After filling your form, you will receive cibc login details and an email with instruction for transaction with in 1 to 2 days.
Pakistan Side
The best option at the time of post is Meezan Bank and Habib Metropolitan Bank because they both have extensive experience in GIC and both are offering the service in PKR account. I will recommend Meezan as it has less transaction charges.
Take a copy of your Passport, ID card, admission letter, instructions sheet and the pdf of application with you to Meezan Bank and tell them you need to get GIC for Canadian Student Visa. If they have experience, then good if not tell them to contact Meezan Bank Model Town Branch Lahore or Faisal Town Branch in Lahore or Sialkot sambrial branch or head office and ask them about the process.
While creating the account use the printed pdf as reference and use the same data in account creation. E.g. your name, address format, spellings etc. to avoid any difference during the transaction.
After the account is made and you receive the check book, they will take the copies of all the documents and make you fill additional forms for the transaction and its purpose, fill them as they are only for Pakistani banks.
If the bank dose not have experience in GIC make sure that bank understand the instruction and completely follow them. Common mistakes are Beneficiary address in field F59 of the Foreign Telegraphic Transaction form will be Pakistani same as the address of remitter (also mentioned in the instructions). Field F70 should contain the details according to instructions first (for CIBC the details are “ISBO 2020 GIC-xxxxxxxx”) and if bank wants to add extra detail then they can add after that.
After this the bank will get approval from head office and will send the money to CIBC.
After confirmation from Meezan bank that they have sent the money you will have to wait for 1 to 5 days for the confirmation email from CIBC. Then go to the CIBC login and under the transaction detail download the investment advice letter and welcome letter. I attached these two documents together in the Visa application.
If you need any help you can contact me via message.

qaziarslantariq

Sep 12, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
14-02-2019
Hello Peeps,

I am from Pakistan but still resident in Dubai however out of work and living here to find work. I have an account in HSBC Dubai.

Now I have been accepted by NBCC New Brunswick and I want to apply for my student visa using SDS program. I plan to do my medical and police report from Pakistan. My address in the college acceptance letter is Pakistan as well.

Banks in Pakistan have a lot of red tape around sending $ outside of the country and most of them have not heard about GIC. Their usual game is to produce a requirement out of thin air like open FC account or get state bank approval etc.

To avoid this headache, I think I will be better off buying the GIC from my HSBC Dubai account t (under my name) through scotia bank in Canada. They have a branch like five mins drive from my college.

Do you think the Canadian visa officer will have issues if I bought the GIC from a bank not present in Pakistan?

Please suggest.

Thanks
Hi.
I have also applied for the same college. How much time they will take to decide on whether my application is approved or not?

@ye$hA

Aug 16, 2021
Hello Peeps,

Please suggest.

Thanks
Hey i have a question..can we apply sds while residing in UAE.as i read in maby post you have to be in the listed countries (pakistan/india/morocco) to apply for SDS.

STELLARRISE

Dec 10, 2020
You can technically but this could as well be counted as a mis-representation. I was in my home country and got stuck here for more than 6 months so it was good for me. Later though my SDS application was denied on other grounds.

@ye$hA

Aug 16, 2021
You can technically but this could as well be counted as a mis-representation. I was in my home country and got stuck here for more than 6 months so it was good for me. Later though my SDS application was denied on other grounds.
So you have to be in the listed country for 6 months? Minimum?