+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sds applicants still waiting for approval (with AIP)

Chessie

Aug 13, 2020
They were rightly refused. How can they expect an approval with such an irregularity aka : "proposed studies are not reasonable in light of your qualifications ."

99% of the SP applicants have their proposed study in line. They should had fallen in line like the majority instead of doing something fancy.
But why did they receive AIP? I am just worried since I have the same timeline.. I received my bvl 3 weeks ago and no update since. :(

Chessie

Aug 13, 2020
Bro can you pls share the link for that group or their docs here...I am also worried now
It's our group chat on Facebook. It's just the typical refusal letter and all sds here have the same reasons for refusal - purpose of visit and proposed studies are not reasonable...

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
It only happened to pinoys , no need to worry if proposed study is in line. They had irregularities.
Hey. So can you elaborate on what do they mean by "Proposed studies are not in line/reasonable". Does this mean that if one has a lot of experience and doing a simple diploma/certificate course or something?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Hey. So can you elaborate on what do they mean by "Proposed studies are not in line/reasonable". Does this mean that if one has a lot of experience and doing a simple diploma/certificate course or something?
Level of study : choosing undergraduate diploma/certificate after degree or after high school with a lot of gap ( because the proposed course won't yield any prospects after completion because of the weak/irregular profile )

Proposed course : mismatch with previous work exp. and degree

Future prospects : No prospect with regard to expecting a better designation than the pre existing designation

Another reason doing rounds in social media is if you are doing the entire 1 year course online, then the VO may refuse the application even after AIP ( this is speculative and may not be true ).

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Level of study : choosing undergraduate diploma/certificate after degree or after high school with a lot of gap ( because the proposed course won't yield any prospects after completion because of the weak/irregular profile )

Proposed course: mismatch with previous work exp. and degree

Future prospects: No prospect with regard to expecting a better designation than the pre existing designation

Another reason for doing rounds in social media is if you are doing the entire 1 year course online, then the VO may refuse the application even after AIP ( this is speculative and may not be true).
This seems scary. I have almost 8 years of Civil Engineering experience. Applied for Post Graduate Certificate/Diploma of Advanced Business Management at University of Winnipeg because I can't afford an MBA. But this program is especially for people like me who have experience and want to learn business management for growth in an organization. I have written a detailed LOE explaining this so the officer would understand.

But this puts me in a spot now. I have received AIP on 3rd September and no update after that.

Bro what do you think about my case? What are the chances?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
This seems scary. I have almost 8 years of Civil Engineering experience. Applied for Post Graduate Certificate/Diploma of Advanced Business Management at University of Winnipeg because I can't afford an MBA. But this program is especially for people like me who have experience and want to learn business management for growth in an organization. I have written a detailed LOE explaining this so the officer would understand.

But this puts me in a spot now. I have received AIP on 3rd September and no update after that.

Bro what do you think about my case? What are the chances?
If you had explained the study plan in detail in the SOP, the rebuttal will be considered. That's what the SOP is for. There are many cases where people had been approved despite choosing different courses which are not in line just because they had a good SOP explaining the relation and prospects. Everybody's case is different, what I am sharing are just the guidelines. We can't say anything for 100%.

Reactions: phaijalkhan

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
If you had explained the study plan in detail in the SOP, the rebuttal will be considered. That's what the SOP is for. There are many cases where people have been approved despite choosing different courses which are not in line just because they had a good SOP explaining the relation and prospects. Everybody's case is different, what I am sharing are just the guidelines. We can't say anything for 100%.
Yeah my SOP is air tight i think. Hoping it will be fine then. Thanks man.

Arsh Josan

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Yeah my SOP is air tight i think. Hoping it will be fine then. Thanks man.
Hello,
I applied for my study visa on
12 March
18 Biometric
30 June Medical Passed
17 August AIP received
Deffered to January 2021
Got loa upation request on '10th of November' and My agent has updated new loa.
Any idea when can I get result and is there any thing that I can do apart from waiting.
It has been a month since I update my new loa.