+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS appeal

Emmale

Nov 15, 2020
Hello everyone,
My SDS application just got rejected with the following 2 reasons:
- purpose of visit: not believe I will return to my country after the program.
- Propose of study is not reasonable due to: qualifications, study history, missing marksheet, study record, language ability, finance ability and future prospect and plans..

I am a bit confused on the "qualification": I got high marks during highschool and university, "missing mark sheets"as I have applied all high school and bachelor mark sheets, "language ability" as I have ielts 7.0, finance ability as I apply Sds, ... so I would like to appeal this result. Anyone who got experience or have done appealing your visa result, please share with me. Appreaciate your help!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can’t appeal a refusal. If you want to, hire a Canadian lawyer and it goes to judicial review. They look at whether the visa officer didn’t follow the law. This costs thousands of dollars and will take a long time.

Easiest to do is order GCMS notes and find out why you were refused. I assume it is because whatever you applied for is not career progression from your bachelors. How does the programs you applied to give you a job in your home country. Then address all the concerns and reapply. Post your full profile - age, education etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emmale

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,
- Propose of study is not reasonable due to: qualifications, study history, missing marksheet, study record, language ability, finance ability and future prospect and plans..

I am a bit confused on the "qualification": I got high marks during highschool and university, "missing mark sheets"as I have applied all high school and bachelor mark sheets, "language ability" as I have ielts 7.0, finance ability as I apply Sds, ... so I would like to appeal this result. Anyone who got experience or have done appealing your visa result, please share with me. Appreaciate your help!!
Appeals are very expensive and don't guarantee the results will change. You'll need to hire a lawyer in Canada which will cost several thousand dollars.

You would be better off reapplying and addressing the reasons why you were refused.

What is your past education and work experience? What were you planning on studying in Canada? What evidence did you show of ties to your home country?

Emmale

Nov 15, 2020
You can’t appeal a refusal. If you want to, hire a Canadian lawyer and it goes to judicial review. They look at whether the visa officer didn’t follow the law. This costs thousands of dollars and will take a long time.

Easiest to do is order GCMS notes and find out why you were refused. I assume it is because whatever you applied for is not career progression from your bachelors. How does the programs you applied to give you a job in your home country. Then address all the concerns and reapply. Post your full profile - age, education etc.
Thank you very much! If I reapply, any idea how long is it gonna take? is it gonna be a long processing time all over again just like a new application? It took me 6 months to receive the result this time due to covid though.

Emmale

Nov 15, 2020
Appeals are very expensive and don't guarantee the results will change. You'll need to hire a lawyer in Canada which will cost several thousand dollars.

You would be better off reapplying and addressing the reasons why you were refused.

What is your past education and work experience? What were you planning on studying in Canada? What evidence did you show of ties to your home country?
Thank you! My past education is bachelor of BA, work experience is 3 year Customer service . I applied for Human Resources post grad. The reason being I am working as a customer service manager but in HR industry (my company provide HRM software) and I would like to improve my knowledge in HR industry to level up my career. That's what I explain in my study plan. Any idea how could I make my point stronger when I reapply?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

First, when you reapply, it is a new application so it will take months. Do you have strong marks? Any backlogs? Do you have any IELTS scores lower than 7. Is this a 8 month/1 yr. PG program? If so, how will taking a 8 month course focused on Canadian HR practices help your career in your home country? It is not going to get your certified in HR management. Since you work in a HRM company, it would be better to take HR in your home country to learn about your country’s practices. That is most likely what the officer is thinking when stating “future prospects and plans.”