+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sds and proof of funds

Ikramlhl

Jan 1, 2021
Hi everyone,
I applied under sds and gave just the gic and the paiment receipt of the first year. My program is 4 years and i want to know if anyone here got his visa approved under sds with just the gic and first year. Please respond.

j8naid

Jun 25, 2020
Hi everyone,
I applied under sds and gave just the gic and the paiment receipt of the first year. My program is 4 years and i want to know if anyone here got his visa approved under sds with just the gic and first year. Please respond.
Share your timeline please.

Bhavya dudeja

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Bank statements are necessary as it will show that you have money to support your second year of study and stay and you're not dependent on a job.

Ikramlhl

Jan 1, 2021
Bank statements are necessary as it will show that you have money to support your second year of study and stay and you're not dependent on a job.
It is not mentionned in the ircc website for the student direct stream and not the normal way and ive seen others here who got it without bank statement. Are you sure about what you say ?

Bhavya dudeja

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
With all due respect on IRCC website the time to get study permit is mentioned as 20 weeks or probably more than that I'm not sure; however, there are people who are waiting for over 30 weeks. Also, I know people are getting PPR under SDS by showing only required documents, but showing some extra documents also do not cost anything.