+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 12 months 21 days waiting- LOA request from IRCC

beekerr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
You need to contact your school for that, sorry I can’t be of help. Did Ircc request for it?
Thats okay, I understand. And yes IRCC requested for it. I have an LOA but I got that from my college back in June as it was for Fall 2020. I am confused if i should send the same of a new one. And yes, I have contacted the college regarding this. Let's see what they say.

Reactions: trang.ng.pharm

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
It is a positive sign, I was asked for an updated LOA with indication that my application received a positive eligibility decision, 11 days later I got a passport request… good luck
Hi Jane, it’s so encouraging to hear you got final approval!!! May I ask if your medical exam is still valid when they approved your VISA? Recently people are redoing medical exam before flying since most results already expried due to long waiting time. I am planning to redo my medical in advance, send webform to update in case later on, they delay updating medical and I cannot fly (in case I get the VISA).

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
Thats okay, I understand. And yes IRCC requested for it. I have an LOA but I got that from my college back in June as it was for Fall 2020. I am confused if i should send the same of a new one. And yes, I have contacted the college regarding this. Let's see what they say.
I talked to the school. LOA is letter of admisison, it’s the letter informing you are admitted to the school, you can request your school to send you an updated version (same contents just add a line like “this LOA is to replace” your old LOA”. To prove you are studying, attach it with Letter of Enrolment if you already study since last year.

Jane788

Jun 4, 2021
Hi Jane, it’s so encouraging to hear you got final approval!!! May I ask if your medical exam is still valid when they approved your VISA? Recently people are redoing medical exam before flying since most results already expried due to long waiting time. I am planning to redo my medical in advance, send webform to update in case later on, they delay updating medical and I cannot fly (in case I get the VISA).

Yes my medical is still valid

beekerr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
I talked to the school. LOA is letter of admisison, it’s the letter informing you are admitted to the school, you can request your school to send you an updated version (same contents just add a line like “this LOA is to replace” your old LOA”. To prove you are studying, attach it with Letter of Enrolment if you already study since last year.
Will the old LOA work? As I got the loa back in June and I had started my course in September 2020. I asked my college for LOA they say that they can issue an enrolment letter but not an LOA.
What I’m confused about is that, the old LOA have a validity date mentioned in it which was September 2020. I hope it won’t create any problem.

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
Will the old LOA work? As I got the loa back in June and I had started my course in September 2020. I asked my college for LOA they say that they can issue an enrolment letter but not an LOA.
What I’m confused about is that, the old LOA have a validity date mentioned in it which was September 2020. I hope it won’t create any problem.
Hey, the school cannot support you this? I think if you have LOEs to support this old LOA, then it would be okay. You want to get in touch? Email me at tthnguyen@mun.ca.

beekerr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Hey, the school cannot support you this? I think if you have LOEs to support this old LOA, then it would be okay. You want to get in touch? Email me at tthnguyen@mun.ca.
I contacted my school again, they said that the LOA is only given once at the time of admission. But they did provide me with an enrolment letter which states that I am currently enrolled in a full time program. I was planning on sending LOA + LOE to IRCC. I hope it will suffice for their requirement.