+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scotland vs. UK PCC???

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
I have spent four years studying in Scotland, should I apply Criminal History Scotland check or an ACRO Police certificate?

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have spent four years studying in Scotland, should I apply Criminal History Scotland check or an ACRO Police certificate?
The ACRO Police Certificate is all you need. I had the same situation. When I finished filling in my application, I was asked to upload police certificates from England and Scotland (in 2 separate slots). I uploaded the ACRO UK one twice and then I included an LoE explaining that this certificate covers the whole of the UK. Had no issues or questions. Good luck!

Reactions: TADF chemist

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
The ACRO Police Certificate is all you need. I had the same situation. When I finished filling in my application, I was asked to upload police certificates from England and Scotland (in 2 separate slots). I uploaded the ACRO UK one twice and then I included an LoE explaining that this certificate covers the whole of the UK. Had no issues or questions. Good luck!
Indeed, according to this official website, Scotland is included in United Kingdom and ACRO alone is enough.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/united-kingdom.html