+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scotiabank account -Proof of funds

Bella89

Jan 4, 2019
Hey guys,

I got my COPR on jan 17. I wish to open an account with scotiabank account and transfer my proof of fund money into the account to show as proof of fund to immigration agent at canada airport. I am the primary applicant and my husband is the dependant. Earlier for COPR, he had shiwn his EPF balance and I had shown a Fixed deposit. Now do I need to open 2 separate scotiabank accounts (one in my name and one in his) and transfer the funds separately or can I open a single account in joint names? Please help me out as I am landung in the first week of March and I need to open scotiabank account by Feb 15

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Hey guys,

I got my COPR on jan 17. I wish to open an account with scotiabank account and transfer my proof of fund money into the account to show as proof of fund to immigration agent at canada airport. I am the primary applicant and my husband is the dependant. Earlier for COPR, he had shiwn his EPF balance and I had shown a Fixed deposit. Now do I need to open 2 separate scotiabank accounts (one in my name and one in his) and transfer the funds separately or can I open a single account in joint names? Please help me out as I am landung in the first week of March and I need to open scotiabank account by Feb 15
one account in the name of the primary applicant showing the balance will do. your husband can transfer the money to your current savings account and you can then make a single transfer of the entire amount to your scotia bank account and carry a statement reflecting that along as your PoF. once in canada you can open separate accounts and re-adjust as required.

btw, they are unlikely to ask for proof of funds when you land, but you MUST be prepared to show if asked.

Reactions: Bella89

Bella89

Jan 4, 2019
All Canada PR aspirants would have completed ECA (education credential assessment) before submitting PR applicatiin. After landing in canada, do we have to get our credentials assessed again before applying for jobs?