+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scotia Bank GIC - Issues in sending remittance

Nov 13, 2018
I recently paid gic through sbi 3 times and it got rejected in india itself. Money wasn't deducted from my account. Dont know the reason. Can anybody help me with this..

Send Instruction to:
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
44 King Street West Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 1H1
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATT

Beneficiary Bank Information (Field 57)
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
BNS 35972 SSG Transaction Processing
4715 Tahoe Blvd
Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0B4
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATTCOL

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
What is the process of paying gic through sbi.. what are all the most important things to keep in mind while paying gic through sbi
Ur address on passport should match sender address on Account and wire transfer form.
Further sender should be you.

If u have icici use that. These public sector banks are damn slow and snooty

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
H

i, Did you get your answer? I am trying to pay GIC through ICICI Netbanking, so whats the code?
U cannot use regular net banking transfer section. U have to use remittance service. Online or offline. Activate that.

you can go visit the bank branch and then give your scotia bank mail print + fill a form . Carry passport original and copy too. Their HelpLine will guide you step by step online process

It took 7 working days for Transfer (intermediary included)
Via branch u save money becoz u are not charged visa card fee of 3.5% if u use that option instead.

They did charge 1730 nostro fee .
Remember to send 30 dollar extra incase if any deductions happen in the process

saichand

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
U cannot use regular net banking transfer section. U have to use remittance service. Online or offline. Activate that.

you can go visit the bank branch and then give your scotia bank mail print + fill a form . Carry passport original and copy too. Their HelpLine will guice you step by step online process
What do you mean I cannot use, please elaborate, I have an option for overseas transfer there. I just need advice if anyone have used icici netbanking and been successfull, just some confusion in the process thats all, 1. country name cannot be give as India as beneficiary address
2. Transit code , i think i figured out the transit code it is 0002+ the given transit code in gic detals

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
What do you mean I cannot use, please elaborate, I have an option for overseas transfer there. I just need advice if anyone have used icici netbanking and been successfull, just some confusion in the process thats all, 1. country name cannot be give as India as beneficiary address
2. Transit code , i think i figured out the transit code it is 0002+ the given transit code in gic detals
I mean when I had called .. they said use remittance feature

U need to call the bank. Not forum!! Any goof up will return Ur money after one month. Call the BANK

Nikhil Das

Feb 9, 2019
Mumbai
Got my GIC cert today.. :) phew ;D
Hey Abhishek hi, for the gic payment in the address section, what details did you enter ? "

4715 Tahoe Blvd

OR

4715 Tahoe Blvd

In short i just want to confirm, if i have to include "BNS 35972 SSG Transaction Processing" in the address section of the bank ?

Abdullah g

Dec 18, 2019
Hello there,
I have issue regarding my address

I sent my funds through hdfc bank
They used the address which was in their system but not what i showed them
So will it be the problem
Should i be worried
Moreover, i have also sent them email about this issue yesterday but haven't got any kind of reply by now.

Reactions: Preet 225567

Chitra_vishnu

Jan 12, 2021
Can anybody please confirm the full transit number for BNS. The field is aakimg for 9 digit number and the letter i got from the bank provide only 5 , which is 35972.

coolcham

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
Urgent help needed, transferring money from India to Scotia Bank GIC account.

Instructions say

Send Instruction to:
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
44 King Street West Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 1H1
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATT

Beneficiary Bank Information (Field 57)
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
4715 Tahoe Blvd

However the bank is asking for
Swift Code:
Transit number:
Branch Code:

Can anybody help?
I also have the same question. Kindly answer some one who successfully got the certificate?