+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scope of getting a JOB in Canada with Bachelor of Engineering Degree from INDIA.

charlessebz

Jun 1, 2015
Can any one convey the Scope of getting a JOB in Canada with Bachelor of Engineering Degree from INDIA. I am planning to landing in canada within 3-4 months, so just trying to get a job and the land. How much is the possibility?
is there any way to get a job while i am in india & securely land in canada. Im planning for Vancouver.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Try job thro Google, indeed.ca and company websites. Initially it is difficult to get a job here. Are you from IT field? Local companies may look for locally qualified and experienced people.

charlessebz

Jun 1, 2015
Thank you for the reply. Its sad to hear tat they dont prefer immigrants with overseas qualification. I am a Civil Engineer, experienced in Bridge Construction.
So what are your suggestions if i have to look n find a job from India & then land or Just come there and search one?

thanks in advance for ur tym.

str8sens

Jun 10, 2015
You might want to get your degree verified by ECA to be qualified for skilled worker category work permit.
Do start early, my partner had her Italian PhD accessed by WES and it took her almost 2 months.

More infor on ECA on CIC website (can't seem to share links here).

hope this helps

charlessebz

Jun 1, 2015
str8sens said:
You might want to get your degree verified by ECA to be qualified for skilled worker category work permit.
Do start early, my partner had her Italian PhD accessed by WES and it took her almost 2 months.

More infor on ECA on CIC website (can't seem to share links here).

hope this helps
Hi thanks for ur reply. I have already given my docs for ECA by WES and has sent their document with the application. So will it be reqd again?

charlessebz

Jun 1, 2015
Is there anything which we can do before landing in canada regarding the certificates?? any attestation or so, that equalises it with canadian degree???

SteveShum

Sep 22, 2014
Get ready to flip burgers buddy. Your education in Canada does not really matter. You will probably have to start again, by that I mean get a Canadian education, and then get Canadian work experience. Don't take this the wrong way, but that's how it just goes here. Just being honest.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
SteveShum said:
Get ready to flip burgers buddy. Your education in Canada does not really matter. You will probably have to start again, by that I mean get a Canadian education, and then get Canadian work experience. Don't take this the wrong way, but that's how it just goes here. Just being honest.
Depends if you work in a regulated job.. I work in an unregulated profession and got a full time job within 2 weeks of landing in my field of expertise. Yes, I was very lucky! I an not from India.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
charlessebz said:
Thank you for the reply. Its sad to hear tat they dont prefer immigrants with overseas qualification. I am a Civil Engineer, experienced in Bridge Construction.
So what are your suggestions if i have to look n find a job from India & then land or Just come there and search one?

thanks in advance for ur tym.
Since you are in civil construction, you may get job soon. Try for jobs in BC. Other places, winter will be very severe and it will be hard for construction people.

charlessebz

Jun 1, 2015
Thank you all..for ur valuable& truthful suggestions. I was in a dilemma regarding the matter. Now im hoping for the best to happen...
may god bless you all