+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SCLPC OWP while waiting for AOR

Anvil_isopod

Jan 28, 2023
I applied for SCLPC and want to apply for OWP. I have not received my AOR. I swear i saw on the IRCC website few weeks ago that it is possible to submit OWP before AOR, but i cant see that now? has it changed? I also remember one immigration expert i spoke with earlier say that i dont need to wait for AOR and can submit both application together - sponsored spouse or common-law partner in Canada and OWP.

is it possible to submit application for OWP while i am waiting for AOR?

Thanks
Tapan

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for SCLPC and want to apply for OWP. I have not received my AOR. I swear i saw on the IRCC website few weeks ago that it is possible to submit OWP before AOR, but i cant see that now? has it changed? I also remember one immigration expert i spoke with earlier say that i dont need to wait for AOR and can submit both application together - sponsored spouse or common-law partner in Canada and OWP.

is it possible to submit application for OWP while i am waiting for AOR?

Thanks
Tapan
Things changed back in September of 2022, requiring applications to be submitted online only. I suspect that paper applications received by IRCC after the day this change was implemented may also require AOR.

Now you must wait for the official AOR from IRCC to apply for the OWP. You must also have legal status to apply, since legal status is not required for the SCPLC applicant. Those applicants must wait until they have AIP.

Reactions: scylla

Anvil_isopod

Jan 28, 2023
Things changed back in September of 2022, requiring applications to be submitted online only. I suspect that paper applications received by IRCC after the day this change was implemented may also require AOR.

Now you must wait for the official AOR from IRCC to apply for the OWP. You must also have legal status to apply, since legal status is not required for the SCPLC applicant. Those applicants must wait until they have AIP.
Thank you for confirming.