+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SCLPC Class Open Work Permit - Help Needed

standbyme

Apr 10, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am currently on PR status in Canada and applying for my wife's PR application who is living with me in Canada on a visitor visa. I am applying under Spouse or Common-law partner in Canada (SPLPC) Class and need to include the application for Open Work Permit as well. However, I could not find the right IMM form for the OWP. Could anyone please guide me in the right direction. This is my first post here.

keshav R

Jun 1, 2015
Sorry, i do not know. I am more interested in how did you make the visitor visa for your wife work? usually the chances of rejection are high....any insights?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone,

I am currently on PR status in Canada and applying for my wife's PR application who is living with me in Canada on a visitor visa. I am applying under Spouse or Common-law partner in Canada (SPLPC) Class and need to include the application for Open Work Permit as well. However, I could not find the right IMM form for the OWP. Could anyone please guide me in the right direction. This is my first post here.
Have you read the guide? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#work

standbyme

Apr 10, 2015
Sorry, i do not know. I am more interested in how did you make the visitor visa for your wife work? usually the chances of rejection are high....any insights?
Hi Keshav, she already had a visitor visa before the marriage and visited her family in Calgary

Jaimin Desai

Mar 21, 2020
Hello Guys,

I need more info on this case as I have a similar case.

My wife had a visitor visa before our marriage and I applied for a Spousal application for PR when she was outside of Canada.

Currently, she is in Canada with me on a visitor status and I would like to apply for an open work permit.

Can you please share your experience so I can apply?

Thanks,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Guys,

I need more info on this case as I have a similar case.

My wife had a visitor visa before our marriage and I applied for a Spousal application for PR when she was outside of Canada.

Currently, she is in Canada with me on a visitor status and I would like to apply for an open work permit.

Can you please share your experience so I can apply?

Thanks,
Don’t multiple post...answered in another post.