+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

School Transfer Certificate needed for Class 3 Student to show to customs on arrival?

jodha23

Oct 7, 2019
School Transfer Certificate needed for Class 3 Student to show to customs on arrival?

My child (8 years old) is studying in school in India in class 3. I got his student visa, but need to know if need to show Transfer certificate to customs upon arrival (coming separately)? We dont want to take current school's TC until we are very sure of schooling in canada.

Please advice anyone who has gone through this, appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

My child (8 years old) is studying in school in India in class 3. I got his student visa, but need to know if need to show Transfer certificate to customs upon arrival (coming separately)? We dont want to take current school's TC until we are very sure of schooling in canada.

Just verifying that you are the one who has a work permit and student permit.

There is need for transfer certificate for customs or the school. Choice of public schooling in Canada is dependent on what catchment area you live in.

jodha23

Oct 7, 2019
Just verifying that you are the one who has a work permit and student permit.

There is need for transfer certificate for customs or the school. Choice of public schooling in Canada is dependent on what catchment area you live in.
Thanks for response, but i didnt understood this line - "There is need for transfer certificate for customs or the school. Choice of public schooling in Canada is dependent on what catchment area you live in."

I am in Toronto on work permit and got son's work permit some months ago. we are ok getting transfer certificate, but we want to get it only after checking our options for schooling in canada; hence want to know do we need to show it to customs upon arrival??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Thanks for response, but i didnt understood this line - "There is need for transfer certificate for customs or the school. Choice of public schooling in Canada is dependent on what catchment area you live in."

I am in Toronto on work permit and got son's work permit some months ago. we are ok getting transfer certificate, but we want to get it only after checking our options for schooling in canada; hence want to know do we need to show it to customs upon arrival??
1. The answer is still no.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry missed the no in my sentence. School choice is based on where you live in Canada. Schools are associated neighbourhood and you must show a lease or deed.

jodha23

Oct 7, 2019
Thank you for all help. As I was confused on same as getting School admission in India is fairly difficult once TC taken so.

Navtej singj

Jul 4, 2018

Hi your child got study visa ? Can u plz share your timeline. Actually I I'm Canada same like you on work permit. I applied study visa for my two children (7, 10) on 25 June but still waiting. No update. Can you please give your phone number

jodha23

Oct 7, 2019
Hello Navtej and others if you need to ask me anything plz pm me, as i believe thats not relevant to discussion board.