+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

School registration

RTJJ

Oct 10, 2023
Hi everyone,
I am asking whether I can enroll my kids in a school in Canada and based on that I get to move there with them and get residency based on me being their caregiver, given that we are all outside Canada right now and never been there before

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am asking whether I can enroll my kids in a school in Canada and based on that I get to move there with them and get residency based on me being their caregiver, given that we are all outside Canada right now and never been there before
So you applied through the HCCP program with an approved job offer and your kids have approved study permits? If so yes.

You are their parent, so not sure what you mean by being their caregiver. If you want them to study in Canada, and you have no status in Canada, then they apply for study permits and pay international fees. You have to appoint a Canadian custodian, it is not you. You cannot apply to be their caregiver through the HCCP program, and get PR.

Last edited:
Reactions: rcincanada2019

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi everyone,
Your kids can apply for study permit and enroll in grade school and high school for free if you have a work permit. Otherwise, they pay for international fees even in grade and high school.

Not sure about you being their caregiver. Do you mean you are not going to work while they are on study permits? That won't work if you are planning on applying for PR later.

Reactions: Naturgrl

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,
No - this is not possible.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,
Having children attend school in Canada does not guarantee any visa, permit or immigration for their parents.

Haert

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
25-03-2021
Hi everyone,
That is not how the program works. You cannot apply as your kids caregiver. What you can do is 1) Apply them for student permit so they can get a student visa OR 2) Look for an employer for yourself who will directly hire you as a caregiver.