+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

School records

Seira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Hi friends,

I read many of them saying that their applications were returned back due to school records. As I will be applying for my family including 2 kids (kindergarten and 1st grade), I would appreciate if you can tell me the documents you have submitted and haven't faced any problems. I will submitting the attendance letter and report card (which they don't give for kids below 1st grade). Pls let me know if this will be enough. For one of the kids.. it will be just a attendance letter as she is in kindergarten

Thanks for ur help
Seira

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends what the attendance letter includes. From what I understand, the CIC will reject records that are just letters from the school, "This child attended regularly since Date X, Sincerely, School official" on the assumption that these can be relatively easily forged.

If it is possible to get photocopies of monthly attendance records, or something like that, it would probably be better.

Seira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
eileenf said:
It depends what the attendance letter includes. From what I understand, the CIC will reject records that are just letters from the school, "This child attended regularly since Date X, Sincerely, School official" on the assumption that these can be relatively easily forged.

If it is possible to get photocopies of monthly attendance records, or something like that, it would probably be better.
eileenf,
Thanks for your response. Actually as I changed my location I had to change my kids' schools. Now the old school registrar has given me a letter saying so and so has attended from so and so date with the DOB etc. But when I asked for the attendance detail she says that she doesn't have access to it now as the kid has already moved out of school and not in their school anymore. But I am surprised with this reason. Do you think they won't have the records once the kid leaves the school?

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Seira said:
Hi friends,

I read many of them saying that their applications were returned back due to school records. As I will be applying for my family including 2 kids (kindergarten and 1st grade), I would appreciate if you can tell me the documents you have submitted and haven't faced any problems. I will submitting the attendance letter and report card (which they don't give for kids below 1st grade). Pls let me know if this will be enough. For one of the kids.. it will be just a attendance letter as she is in kindergarten

Thanks for ur help
Seira
I had sent my application along with school record for my dependent and they contain report cards which usually issued twice a year plus attendance letter from the last school she attend , I am a pit surprised as you said kids below 1st grade don't had report card while I included the report cards for JK and SK issued by the school its not with Ontario template rather just a school template as the SK and JK do not have to follow Ontario report templates.
if the school didn't give the attendance record you can contact the district school board for the region you live in and ask them to provide you with attendance record as all the record should go to district school board for archiving there .