24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Hello,
we are trying to get school records for kids citizenship application. School administration does not understand what the cic needs for application.
Could you please share your experience how to get school records?
Thank you in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Suin said:
Hello,
we are trying to get school records for kids citizenship application. School administration does not understand what the cic needs for application.
Could you please share your experience how to get school records?
Thank you in advance.
1. Their report cards, or their attendance record, the schools keep both.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
PMM said:
Hi

1. Their report cards, or their attendance record, the schools keep both.
Thank you for your reply. I talked to school, they say those record do not have any picture attached to that. And they in the cic require school records with photos...

deoo2006

Jan 29, 2013
I don't think they need photo on those record , before Oct 2012 school record was optional as piece of identification to children ( Minor applicants under 18) who don't have photo ID like OHIP there will be no photo on this card if its issued for kids.

Cic web site :

Two (2) pieces of the child’s personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your child’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.

Examples include:

school record
health insurance card
If there is information on both sides of your child’s personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

For a child under school age, identification such as:

a passport page containing his or her photo and personal details, or
a hospital or immunization record, may be provided

after Oct 2012 they this documents required and no more optional for ( adult applicant 18 and over ) who have dependents in school age or who have study in the last 4 year before he made the application .

document check list
. School Records

Provide photocopies of all your official school records if applicable for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application, provide.

In addition, provide photocopies of official school records for any dependent children in Canada or abroad even if you are not applying for Canadian citizenship on their behalf.

Oblivia

Nov 4, 2012
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deoo2006 said:
School Records

Provide photocopies of all your official school records if applicable for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application, provide.

:'(

I only included the university transcript from September 2010 - December 2012 (prior to September 2010 I wasn't studying). I don't have a transcript for January 2013 - Present yet. :( Now I'm slightly worried.

deoo2006

Jan 29, 2013
Oblivia said:
:'(

I only included the university transcript from September 2010 - December 2012 (prior to September 2010 I wasn't studying). I don't have a transcript for January 2013 - Present yet. :( Now I'm slightly worried.
don't forget if applicable what ever applicable to your circumstances you have to provide document to support it,you studied two years and that's it
like children who start the school at 4 years old and not before so if you have dependents immigrated with you and he was 2 years old when you moved to Canada
you will have one report card for Jk grade to send it along with application when you apply for citizenship as the dependent will start the school at age of 4

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
deoo2006 said:
I don't think they need photo on those record , before Oct 2012 school record was optional as piece of identification to children ( Minor applicants under 18) who don't have photo ID like OHIP there will be no photo on this card if its issued for kids.

Cic web site :

Two (2) pieces of the child's personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your child's name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.

Examples include:

school record
health insurance card
If there is information on both sides of your child's personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

For a child under school age, identification such as:

a passport page containing his or her photo and personal details, or
a hospital or immunization record, may be provided

after Oct 2012 they this documents required and no more optional for ( adult applicant 18 and over ) who have dependents in school age or who have study in the last 4 year before he made the application .

document check list
. School Records

In addition, provide photocopies of official school records for any dependent children in Canada or abroad even if you are not applying for Canadian citizenship on their behalf.

that's exactly what they say - two pieces of identificaton where one is with a photo. OHIP does not have a photo on it. So the only id with a photo should be school records and they in school say that there is no photo on school records! It's so confusing!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
what other photo ids they do accept? I don't think any exist for minors in Canada.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi,
bring a photo of your child to school and ask them to make a letter of his/her attendance ,admission date ,put the picture on it and make a photocopy with principles sign and stamp on it. Thats what I did when I filed the application.

Oblivia

Nov 4, 2012
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deoo2006 said:
don't forget if applicable what ever applicable to your circumstances you have to provide document to support it,you studied two years and that's it
Two years and got a diploma. But I started my B.A. in January. Well, I'll call them and see what I can do about this. I didn't realize it wasn't only for language purposes that they asked for it (my reasoning: they wanted it for language purposes, thus only sent transcript of the program completed).

Anyway, thanks. :)

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
that's exactly what they say - two pieces of identificaton where one is with a photo. OHIP does not have a photo on it. So the only id with a photo should be school records and they in school say that there is no photo on school records! It's so confusing!
Do they have passports?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Msafiri said:
Do they have passports?
Not of their own. They are included into my passport.