+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

School for 5 year old

rnanndrews

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hi guys,
We are moving to toronto on may 2018 and my kid will complete 5 by june 2018. What is the minimum age for school in toronto. How much is the initial fee for school. If he has to go for daycare then how much is the fee for daycare. Can you guys help with this?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will have to look at your own situation but your child will be going into kindergarten in September. Depending on when you move in May and when you secure a longterm rental you may be too late to register for the school term that ends in June. There is no school in the summer so you will have to find childcare or a day camp. The costs vary depending on what you apply for but the demand for spots is high so people usually arrange these things in advance if possible. You may also need to arrange childcare before or after school if both parents are working because schools end around 3pm. For public school there are no fees although there are additional costs for supplies, uniforms in some schools, excursions, etc. School registration depends on where you live. You do have the option of secular public English or French immersion or catholic education in English or French. You don't have to be catholic to attend catholic school.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
You will have to look at your own situation but your child will be going into kindergarten in September. Depending on when you move in May and when you secure a longterm rental you may be too late to register for the school term that ends in June. There is no school in the summer so you will have to find childcare or a day camp. The costs vary depending on what you apply for but the demand for spots is high so people usually arrange these things in advance if possible. You may also need to arrange childcare before or after school if both parents are working because schools end around 3pm. For public school there are no fees although there are additional costs for supplies, uniforms in some schools, excursions, etc. School registration depends on where you live. You do have the option of secular public English or French immersion or catholic education in English or French. You don't have to be catholic to attend catholic school.
May i ask whats is the minimum age for school
Acceptance in toronto?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Requirements is proof that you live in the area like a lease. Vaccination records also likely required. Kindergarten registration usually starts in February but your local school must register your child at any time. Just go to your local school and they will help you.

Reactions: Wolverine17

lkaur765

May 27, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Junior kindergarten is school.
Canuck78..thnks for your valuable feedback...but wud u by any chance be able to guide on some good schools in Brampton...My elder daughter is 7 and younger one is 3...so more worried bout my elder one

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Canuck78..thnks for your valuable feedback...but wud u by any chance be able to guide on some good schools in Brampton...My elder daughter is 7 and younger one is 3...so more worried bout my elder one
It's based on where you live so it will depend on where you can secure housing. Brampton schools will be filled by primarily students with an East Asian background which is why I assume you want to move to Brampton.