School admission to Elementary when moving in July

gauravs

Jan 21, 2010
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-05-2018
Hello all,
Wish you all a very happy new year!!

I have a question related to school admission for my son who is 9 years old. We are planning to move to Ontario in July after the school year ends here in London (UK).
Will I be able to go to the home school based on my address in Canada and apply for the admissions? Since school session ends in June, will the admission office be still open in July and August?

I would appreciate your inputs and experience.

Thanks and regards,
Gaurav

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hello all,

I have a question related to school admission for my son who is 9 years old. We are planning to move to Ontario in July after the school year ends here in London (UK).
Will I be able to go to the home school based on my address in Canada and apply for the admissions? Since school session ends in June, will the admission office be still open in July and August?

Thanks and regards,
Gaurav
Yes, some elementary school open during the holiday for registration and other purposes , though not on regular schedule. But you need to visit or contact the school for your address zone. You can get more info here http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/parents/speced.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

Thanks and regards,
Gaurav
When you decide what school board you want your child to attend English Catholic, French Catholic (you don’t need to be catholic to attend), French Immersion or English you can look on the local school board’s website and they will provide instruction on how to register. It is unclear if your child is arriving with you in June but you will need you child’s vaccination records. Don’t worry. Lots of people register even in the middle of the school year. It is quite easy and the schools are very prepared for new students.

Reactions: gauravs

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hello all,

Thanks and regards,
Gaurav

This is for special education.[/QUOTE]
What do you mean by home school based?
Generally home-based education is defined as the education of children with severe intellectual/physical disabilities, who can be educated in the combination of home-based and alternative education settings. It is a type of special education. But, if your son is not, then be rest assure that he can join the elementary school on your home address zone in Canada according to the school board for your city.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is for special education.
Generally home-based education is defined as the education of children with severe intellectual/physical disabilities, who can be educated in the combination of home-based and alternative education settings. It is a type of special education. But, if your son is not, then be rest assure that he can join the elementary school on your home address zone in Canada according to the school board for your city.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they mean local school by home school.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Generally home-based education is defined as the education of children with severe intellectual/physical disabilities, who can be educated in the combination of home-based and alternative education settings. It is a type of special education. But, if your son is not, then be rest assure that he can join the elementary school on your home address zone in Canada according to the school board for your city.
Pretty sure they mean local school by home school.[/QUOTE]
OK. Maybe.

gauravs

Jan 21, 2010
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-05-2018
thanks @babsizkil and @canuck78 for your responses. It is very helpful. We all will move together in July and then will look for the school after renting the house.