Schengan visa and Travel history

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
in my travel history, i mentioned only those travel details for which i was stamped. I was holding a schengan visa(Denmark) and on that visa, i had visited couple of countries. But since those countries didnt stamp entry/exit, i missed to capture those details in travel history (completely forgot).

Few trips were via plane and others were via car.

Do i need to raise a CSE for the same and upload a LOE explaining the same or is it OK ?

Reactions: jdun121

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hi All,
in my travel history, i mentioned only those travel details for which i was stamped. I was holding a schengan visa(Denmark) and on that visa, i had visited couple of countries. But since those countries didnt stamp entry/exit, i missed to capture those details in travel history (completely forgot).

Do i need to raise a CSE for the same and upload a LOE explaining the same or is it OK ?
Its up to you. But if i was you, i would. If they find out later, it would be considered misrepresentation, as they want to know your full travel history even if its for 1 day or less. And its not a big deal if you dont have stamps, just explain that, and put an estimation of the dates you entered/left. Good way to remember is the fact that you have your first entry and then exit stamp/Denmark. So try to remember how many days in between did you spend in each country. Look in your old emails for any flights/hotels online booking, i did that and even found my toronto 2009 ticket lol. So just make your best guess of dates and send it.
Good luck

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi All,

You're fine, no need to raise the CSE as the Schengen area allows visa free movement between countries (also there is no point because there are no stamps to prove those trips anyway) I also lived in Denmark , and Norway, and I forgot a few of my trips still this was not an issue.
Of course if you still want to raise the CSE you are free to do so too; but its not necessary

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're fine, no need to raise the CSE as the Schengen area allows visa free movement between countries (also there is no point because there are no stamps to prove those trips anyway) I also lived in Denmark , and Norway, and I forgot a few of my trips still this was not an issue.
Of course if you still want to raise the CSE you are free to do so too; but its not necessary
Thanks a lot for your help.. Then i will not raise a CSE as it will delay the process.

Reactions: jdun121

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Visa free movement does not make one exempt from declaring travel history. Even if there are no stamps, names can show on database if they decided to check. You can get away with it for sure, but wont look good if they find out.
But, still up to you.

Reactions: pakimom

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
Visa free movement does not make one exempt from declaring travel history. Even if there are no stamps, names can show on database if they decided to check. You can get away with it for sure, but wont look good if they find out.
But, still up to you.
The concept of visa free travel just means the entire Schengen region is considered to be as a country, and travelling between them is like travelling between states in a country. People are not even required to show a passport during trips within the schengen area.

Reactions: upon

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
I live outside shengen and still don't have any stamps in my passport from the trips to shengen countries. Lack of stamps doesn't mean you don't have to declare your travels. And no, countries in shengen are not treated like states, those are separate countries. If I were you I would rise CSE just to be safe.

Reactions: pakimom

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
The concept of visa free travel just means the entire Schengen region is considered to be as a country, and travelling between them is like travelling between states in a country. People are not even required to show a passport during trips within the schengen area.
If this was true it would mean that people from shengen, who were traveling through shengen only wouldn't have to declare any travel history.

Reactions: dr feras
Aug 18, 2017
I have a residence permit of one of the EU countries, so I don't have any stamps in my passport for the EU trips either. Nonetheless, I decided to include all of them in the travel history - not sure how these trips are/can be checked, but I would recommend to do that to be on the safe side. Why not to eliminate the most obvious risks for the background check?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
We have visa free travel between gcc states as well. Locals travel using ID card only. But that doesnt mean they are still within the same state, names are entered into the system and travel/duration must be declared to cic. It will be considered misrepresentation if discovered, as it would interfere with their background checks and estimations for whether you need pcc from other countries or not.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Travel and address history are both used to determine if you need PCCs from a particular country.

Reactions: dr feras

jdun121

Apr 1, 2020
Hi All,

lucky07 Can you please advise update which path you followed ?

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Hi All,

hey man, can you please advise what did you choose in the end?