+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schedule A submission online for spouse

MargB

Mar 3, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm required to submit a Schedule A Background Declaration form for myself and my husband (sponsor) online. I successfully linked my application to my profile online and am able to upload my Schedule A Background Declaration pdf, but not my husband's because they only allow you to upload one document. I'm also unable to combine our Schedule A pdfs since they need to be validated.

Is there a way to submit both of our documents? Did we make a mistake and was my husband supposed to create a separate online profile and link the application to his as well?

I'm not sure what our options are at this point other than just mailing everything in, despite following directions and linking my application online. Hoping someone can help! Thanks in advance!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi everyone,

I'm required to submit a Schedule A Background Declaration form for myself and my husband (sponsor) online. I successfully linked my application to my profile online and am able to upload my Schedule A Background Declaration pdf, but not my husband's because they only allow you to upload one document. I'm also unable to combine our Schedule A pdfs since they need to be validated.

Is there a way to submit both of our documents? Did we make a mistake and was my husband supposed to create a separate online profile and link the application to his as well?

I'm not sure what our options are at this point other than just mailing everything in, despite following directions and linking my application online. Hoping someone can help! Thanks in advance!
Is it just you (Principal Applicant) and your husband (Sponsor)?

If so, then it is only you (the PA) that needs to complete IMM5669 - the sponsor does not.

MargB

Mar 3, 2018
Is it just you (Principal Applicant) and your husband (Sponsor)?

If so, then it is only you (the PA) that needs to complete IMM5669 - the sponsor does not.

Hi Hurlabrick, Yes, it is just me (PA) and husband (Sponsor), but the letter requesting the Schedule A form and criminal background checks says to submit for myself and my "family members," which defines "Spouse" on the CIC website as a family member. Is that not accurate? I'm including the portion of the letter below.

We require the following item(s) to continue processing your application:
 You must complete the Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form which is
found at the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/eIMM5669E.pdf
You and all of your family members aged 18 or older (if applicable) must submit this
form. This must be received at this office by:
 At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.
You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or
not) who is aged 18 or older. Please refer to your application guide for a definition of “family
member”.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Hi Hurlabrick, Yes, it is just me (PA) and husband (Sponsor), but the letter requesting the Schedule A form and criminal background checks says to submit for myself and my "family members," which defines "Spouse" on the CIC website as a family member. Is that not accurate? I'm including the portion of the letter below.

We require the following item(s) to continue processing your application:
 You must complete the Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form which is
found at the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/eIMM5669E.pdf
You and all of your family members aged 18 or older (if applicable) must submit this
form. This must be received at this office by:
 At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.
You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or
not) who is aged 18 or older. Please refer to your application guide for a definition of “family
member”.
Only PA has to submit Schedule A and PCC, not the sponsor.

Reactions: Hurlabrick

hhegedus

Nov 14, 2016
App. Filed.......
18-01-2018
AOR Received.
06-03-2018
Med's Request
15-03-2018
Med's Done....
30-03-2018
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
I am having the same problem that the original poster wrote about, but I DO have to submit two Schedule A's. I am the sponsor and my wife is the PA and we have one dependent, our daughter (age 19). So we need to submit two Schedule A's. However I cannot upload two PDF documents where it asks for the documents...you are only allowed to submit one. And every attempt to combine the two documents fails because of the security they have placed on these new IMM5669E documents. Currently, I have submitted the PA Schedule A through the online application. And then I used the webform to submit my daughters Schedule A. But I have tried in the past to submit the schedule A through the webform and I have gotten a reply from CIC that the file was unreadable. I am at loss as to what to do.