+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schedule A - How to Upload Attachment?

jimjam26

Jun 20, 2017
I did some searching around and found out that the Schedule A form does not allow for overlapping dates in the Personal History section, despite having overlapping jobs/travel being common.

So, I had to type out additional sheets with extra information on them. I read the instructions, and it said that "you can attach an extra sheet if you need to provide more information."

But the online upload form doesn't accept more than ONE file. How do I upload my attachments?
Am I gonna have to send the Schedule A and police certificate by mail? And if so, what address do I send to?

I just saw this on the online help:
"It’s important to include all the information asked for when you apply. You can give more details in the "Add letter of explanation" row when you’re uploading your documents."​

There is definitely not any "Add letter of explanation row"...

Last edited:

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
I did some searching around and found out that the Schedule A form does not allow for overlapping dates in the Personal History section, despite having overlapping jobs/travel being common.

So, I had to type out additional sheets with extra information on them. I read the instructions, and it said that "you can attach an extra sheet if you need to provide more information."

But the online upload form doesn't accept more than ONE file. How do I upload my attachments?
Am I gonna have to send the Schedule A and police certificate by mail? And if so, what address do I send to?

I just saw this on the online help:
"It’s important to include all the information asked for when you apply. You can give more details in the "Add letter of explanation" row when you’re uploading your documents."​

There is definitely not any "Add letter of explanation row"...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1160&top=23

if you can't combine into one file, alternatively, upload the Schedule A and/or PCC to online account..........send the separate or extra sheets through IRCC Webform.

Last edited:

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
I was really hoping this would work. But nope, Adobe won't let me combine the Schedule A form with anything. I guess I'll try option 2 there.
if you opt for option 2......in webform note explain you have uploaded the Schedule A and/or PCC to online account and just sending the separate or extra sheets through IRCC Webform.

jimjam26

Jun 20, 2017
if you opt for option 2......in webform note explain you have uploaded the Schedule A and/or PCC to online account and just sending the separate or extra sheets through IRCC Webform.
Thank you for your help. I would imagine doing it this way should be fine.

I'm just curious, is this what you did with your Schedule A? I've seen a lot of suggestions to try this method, but haven't seen anyone report back that it was accepted. I would rather try a method that is confirmed and not be the Guinea pig.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Thank you for your help. I would imagine doing it this way should be fine.

I'm just curious, is this what you did with your Schedule A? I've seen a lot of suggestions to try this method, but haven't seen anyone report back that it was accepted. I would rather try a method that is confirmed and not be the Guinea pig.
I didn't have to send separate sheet for any info that should be on Schedule A..........only uploaded Schedule A and PCC.........i suggested the alternative if you could not attach the extra and upload..

You are suppose to upload Schedule A online......your schedule A if done properly should have no gaps or overlap in Personal History and should have all your info.

Just helped someone to fix imm5669........
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/imm-5669-schedule-a-validating-problem.562207/

jimjam26

Jun 20, 2017
I didn't have to send separate sheet for any info that should be on Schedule A..........only uploaded Schedule A and PCC.........i suggested the alternative if you could not attach the extra and upload..

You are suppose to upload Schedule A online......your schedule A if done properly should have no gaps or overlap in Personal History and should have all your info.

Just helped someone to fix imm5669........

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/imm-5669-schedule-a-validating-problem.562207/

I don't understand. How can I not have overlaps? How am I supposed to report travel which overlaps employment? Or multiple jobs which overlap?

For example I had the same consistent job from 2008 to 2013. In 2009 I traveled to Japan for 3 weeks across September and October. It was a vacation trip, I was not working in Japan, but there was no break in my employment record in the USA. It was just vacation outside the country.

How am I supposed to report this on Schedule A? Placing 3 separate events? That seems inaccurate because it implies a gap in employment.

Also, my current job has been from 2016 to present. I have also traveled to Canada at least 9 or more times in that period. Each visit was never more than 2-3 weeks, or less. How do I report that?

Do I have to break up employment into 9 separate events between the travel dates?

Again, that seems disingenuous.

I also had a period of temp work, where I was employed through an agency, but did various labor at various companies. How do i report that? Should I just write "temp work, general labor" in one event?

Last edited:

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
I don't understand. How can I not have overlaps? How am I supposed to report travel which overlaps employment? Or multiple jobs which overlap?

For example I had the same consistent job from 2008 to 2013. In 2009 I traveled to Japan for 3 weeks across September and October. It was a vacation trip, I was not working in Japan, but there was no break in my employment record in the USA. It was just vacation outside the country.

How am I supposed to report this on Schedule A? Placing 3 separate events? That seems inaccurate because it implies a gap in employment.

Also, my current job has been from 2016 to present. I have also traveled to Canada at least 9 or more times in that period. Each visit was never more than 2-3 weeks, or less. How do I report that?

Do I have to break up employment into 9 separate events between the travel dates?

Again, that seems disingenuous.
Your Personal History should include activities like employment, unemployment, studies, etc......not vacation.

Last edited:

jimjam26

Jun 20, 2017
Your Personal History should include activities like employment, unemployment, studies, etc......not vacation, not travel history.
Heres what the question says:

Personal History
Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years. Start with the most recent information. Under “Activity Type” write your occupation or job title if you were working. If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing (for example: unemployed, studying, travelling, retired, in detention). If you were outside of your country of nationality, indicated your status in that country.
It seems really clear to me that they do indeed want to know when I left the country, and to report traveling dates.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Heres what the question says:

It seems really clear to me that they do indeed want to know when I left the country, and to report traveling dates.
I don't have the details of your personal history......you have to find a way to fill the info and validate the form.........just for your info...trips could also be in imm5562.

jimjam26

Jun 20, 2017
I don't have the details of your personal history......you have to find a way to fill the info and validate the form.........just for your info...trips could also be in imm5562.
This is where the oversight with this form lies. In the the main application they only asked for dates traveling to see my partner. I traveled to Japan 5 years before we met. Omitting a nearly month long visa stamp on my passport sounds like a good way to get denied.

This form seems to imply that it's not possible to hold multple jobs, study, and travel simultaneously. As if real human beings are only capable of one life event at a time. It seems like it's just a poorly thought out PDF.

On top of that, in every post I've seen regarding this form, it's clear to me that even lawyers and CIC staff don't know how to fill out this form if your situation isn't an ideal ABC linear path. :/

Anyway, I think I'm gonna submit the form and send the attachment on the IRCC Webform. That seems like the best option, as i would prefer a delay than a denial for omitting information.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
This is where the oversight with this form lies. In the the main application they only asked for dates traveling to see my partner. I traveled to Japan 5 years before we met. Omitting a nearly month long visa stamp on my passport sounds like a good way to get denied.

This form seems to imply that it's not possible to hold multple jobs, study, and travel simultaneously. As if real human beings are only capable of one life event at a time. It seems like it's just a poorly thought out PDF.

On top of that, in every post I've seen regarding this form, it's clear to me that even lawyers and CIC staff don't know how to fill out this form if your situation isn't an ideal ABC linear path. :/

Anyway, I think I'm gonna submit the form and send the attachment on the IRCC Webform. That seems like the best option, as i would prefer a delay than a denial for omitting information.
okay......Good Luck

M

marilamb

jimjam26

Jun 20, 2017
@jimjam26, I am doing this exact way today, because like you my hubby had overlapping dates, plus a dismissed charge that we had to declare and they gave us only a small box to explain everything.
Good luck! I submitted my forms the other day, and I got an automated response email that they did receive them. So that's good at least. I'm not as worried as I was before.

M

marilamb

Good luck! I submitted my forms the other day, and I got an automated response email that they did receive them. So that's good at least. I'm not as worried as I was before.
Same here. Got a response in less than 12 hours that it was to be forwarded to the correct office. Now I am waiting for email transfer/email that app is staying in mississauga,