+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schedule A help

kintaro.oe

May 19, 2016
We submitted my wifes Schedule A online, its said this on first request, and then the bold was added in the second request.

We are not quite sure what the problems is, it says don't print it, then it says print and sign even if you use the IRCC webform.

I was also thinking one of the problems might be that I did not submit one, but I was born in Canada, so I fail to see how a Schedule A applies to me, because my right to be in Canada is guaranteed regardless of my security risk :p

Schedule A Online:

Instructions about how to fill out this form are found in your application kit: ht tp ://w w w.ci c .gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp. Please review the Complete Guide (IMM 5289) for step by step instructions.

Note: Make sure you validate this form before you save it by clicking the “validate” button at the top or bottom of the document. You can only upload the “Schedule A Online” form into your online account if you validated the document before you saved it. Do not print out this form and upload the printed copy through your online account. This will result in an invalid submission of your Schedule A, which will cause additional delays to your application. The complete and validated Schedule A form, in PDF format, should be saved to your computer and uploaded directly into your online account.

Important: The background information collected by this form is required to assess your admissibility to Canada. If you do not submit this form before the date indicated above, your application may be refused.

Schedule A Online:

Instructions about how to fill out this form are found in your application kit: ht tp://w ww. c i c. gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp. Please review the Complete Guide (IMM 5289) for step by step instructions.

Note: Make sure you validate this form before you save it by clicking the “validate” button at the top or bottom of the document. You can only upload the “Schedule A Online” form into your online account if you validated the document before you saved it. Do not print out this form and upload the printed copy through your online account. This will result in an invalid submission of your Schedule A, which will cause additional delays to your application. The complete and validated Schedule A form, in PDF format, should only be saved to your computer and uploaded directly into your online account.

Should you choose to submit this form to the Case Processing Centre Mississauga by mail or through the IRCC Web form, you must complete additional steps prior to submission:

1. Ensure you validate the Schedule A form. 2. Print out the form and sign in writing (provide your handwritten signature) next to your
name in the signature box. If you do not sign and date the form according to these instructions, another copy of the form with a signature will be required.

Once these steps are completed, you can submit the validated and signed copy of this form to CPC-Mississauga via mail or through the IRCC Web form.

Important: The background information collected by this form is required to assess your admissibility to Canada. If you do not submit this form before the date indicated above, your application may be refused.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
kintaro.oe said:
We submitted my wifes Schedule A online, its said this on first request, and then the bold was added in the second request.

We are not quite sure what the problems is, it says don't print it, then it says print and sign even if you use the IRCC webform.

I was also thinking one of the problems might be that I did not submit one, but I was born in Canada, so I fail to see how a Schedule A applies to me, because my right to be in Canada is guaranteed regardless of my security risk :p
It doesn't apply to you. This form is for the principal applicant.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
kintaro.oe said:

Just to clarify, how did you initially send the form to them? You say that submitted it online - did you upload through MyCIC, or through the IRCC webform they mention?

kintaro.oe

May 19, 2016
danawhitaker said:
Just to clarify, how did you initially send the form to them? You say that submitted it online - did you upload through MyCIC, or through the IRCC webform they mention?

I didn't realize there was difference between MyCIC and IRCC webform.
It was done with MyCIC.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
kintaro.oe said:
I didn't realize there was difference between MyCIC and IRCC webform.
It was done with MyCIC.
That actually sort of shoots my interpretation in the foot. But it sounds like there are separate instructions if you're sending via the webform vs. uploading directly through MyCIC itself. If you're sending through case specific enquiry (the webform) it seems like you need to print and sign it. If being uploaded directly through MyCIC, it sounds like it only needs to be validated and uploaded, without that.

Did you initially upload it printed and signed, or did you just upload the validated PDF?

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
I submitted this form with my application originally. I also included my original police certificate, though, so that's partly why I included it in my packet. Anyways, right when my application was received they requested my Form 5669 Schedule A to be uploaded on MyCIC, there should be a box where you can "view this message" and then upload the required document. All you need to do is validate it and type in your name where you can sign, this serves as an electronic signature.

The only thing I found to be different on this form is originally when I printed mine out back in December it would let me validate with the box for employment history, address history, etc. with the checkbox for "Ongoing" - but this time around it would only validate if I typed in the actual date in the YYYY-MM format. I had to put 2017-01 at the time I submitted, so I hope they understand once they go to actually view mine. I haven't had any movement since I uploaded mine into their system and it doesn't even say "Documents Received" it just says "Documents Provided" - confirming I successfully uploaded them, but they have yet to review them; but now it's February so the date on my form is technically outdated, that's my only concern.

Anyway, that's how you upload the document and validate it. Good luck!

kumanare

Jun 26, 2017
I have submitted the Schedule A through IRCC webform. I called them today . Agent said it will take 2-3 weeks to upload in data base. I do not see any link in my cic account where I can upload the file . Can you please tell me if I am missing something.

Hopefully someone will reply soon . I am worried about this .

Thank you

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
I have submitted the Schedule A through IRCC webform. I called them today . Agent said it will take 2-3 weeks to upload in data base. I do not see any link in my cic account where I can upload the file . Can you please tell me if I am missing something.

Hopefully someone will reply soon . I am worried about this .

Thank you
Did you get an email from cic for requesting the document? If yes you should see the upload links in gckey account.

kumanare

Jun 26, 2017
Yes I got email in my account saying to submit Schedule A . I did through webform. I can not find any link in my cic account ( linked filed already ). My wife did not get email as well . They did not ask for PCC yet .
PLease guide me .

This will be great help

Thank you

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Yes I got email in my account saying to submit Schedule A . I did through webform. I can not find any link in my cic account ( linked filed already ). My wife did not get email as well . They did not ask for PCC yet .
PLease guide me .

This will be great help

Thank you

Schedule A is only to be filled out by the applicant, not the sponsor.

YUCD

Dec 25, 2017
I submitted this form with my application originally. I also included my original police certificate, though, so that's partly why I included it in my packet. Anyways, right when my application was received they requested my Form 5669 Schedule A to be uploaded on MyCIC, there should be a box where you can "view this message" and then upload the required document. All you need to do is validate it and type in your name where you can sign, this serves as an electronic signature.

The only thing I found to be different on this form is originally when I printed mine out back in December it would let me validate with the box for employment history, address history, etc. with the checkbox for "Ongoing" - but this time around it would only validate if I typed in the actual date in the YYYY-MM format. I had to put 2017-01 at the time I submitted, so I hope they understand once they go to actually view mine. I haven't had any movement since I uploaded mine into their system and it doesn't even say "Documents Received" it just says "Documents Provided" - confirming I successfully uploaded them, but they have yet to review them; but now it's February so the date on my form is technically outdated, that's my only concern.

Anyway, that's how you upload the document and validate it. Good luck!
Hi Barch88,

My schedule A is due by 25/12/2017 and I uploaded mine onto MyCIC on 25th. I have the same concern as you did - there has been no confirmation email and the status only says "Documents Provided" not "Received". Do you mind sharing whether yours was considered successfully received before the due date? Were there any confirmation email or change of status on MyCIC?

Thank you!

drezashah

Jun 28, 2017
Dear friends,URGENT!!
They have requested schedule A for me (the main applicant) and I have only 2 days left
1. Since in the email, they have stated my name for schedule A, is there a need that my my wife (my dependent) also fills out the form?
2. For signing the form I must print the last page, sign and scan it again,right?
3. For adding extra sheets, Should I add them in between the pages of the original PDF, merge into one and then send?
appreciate ur help mates