+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schedule A/Background Declaration validation error

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
I really hate to make another post, but I cannot find an answer to this question specifically the internet.

The background declaration (IMM5669) asks for a list of activities in the last 10 years, or since the age of 18, whichever is closer.

The age of 18 is closer to me than 10 years ago, so I fill out my forms going back to September 2013 which is when I turned 18. I was in university for 3 years from 9/2013 to 7/2016.

1)Would I class university as a 3 year activity, or should I break it up into individual years. I didn't travel or work between years?

2)Once I have put my information in going back to 2013, I click 'validate' and it says there is an error, highlighting the '2013' box. Any ideas what the issue could be? Does this form need to be validated for a barcode?

3)The same also happens with address history. Since nothing specific was stated i.e. most recent first, I started with the earliest and ended with the most recent. I put my most recent address as being from September 2018 - ongoing, and the '2018' box is highlighted as an error.

Not sure what the solutions could be here, and would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

laraibarrola

Oct 2, 2018
I really hate to make another post, but I cannot find an answer to this question specifically the internet.

The background declaration (IMM5669) asks for a list of activities in the last 10 years, or since the age of 18, whichever is closer.

The age of 18 is closer to me than 10 years ago, so I fill out my forms going back to September 2013 which is when I turned 18. I was in university for 3 years from 9/2013 to 7/2016.

1)Would I class university as a 3 year activity, or should I break it up into individual years. I didn't travel or work between years?

2)Once I have put my information in going back to 2013, I click 'validate' and it says there is an error, highlighting the '2013' box. Any ideas what the issue could be? Does this form need to be validated for a barcode?

3)The same also happens with address history. Since nothing specific was stated i.e. most recent first, I started with the earliest and ended with the most recent. I put my most recent address as being from September 2018 - ongoing, and the '2018' box is highlighted as an error.

Not sure what the solutions could be here, and would appreciate any help.

Thanks!
Hi,

-I always put the most recent one first ( might be the reason why it won't validate?)
-I would just put the time you spent studying as one entry, i would not break them down.

Let me know if this helps. Good luck!

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hi,

-I always put the most recent one first ( might be the reason why it won't validate?)
-I would just put the time you spent studying as one entry, i would not break them down.

Let me know if this helps. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. I would change it, but only one is going from the earliest first. My activity history still goes from most recent at top to earliest at the bottom, with '2013' still highlighted in a red box.

I can, and likely will of course change my address history to suit, but it's giving me an error on both regardless of format. I can only guess that it's because it doesn't go far back enough, which doesn't make sense, and there's no way to cap it at 18 years old.

Thanks and let me know what you think.

laraibarrola

Oct 2, 2018
The red highlighted box happened to me when i tried editing my form, I put 2013 on "From" but the "To" was 2011. When I changed the "To" to 2016, the red highlighted box disappeared. "To" should be greater than or equal to "From". But if you put in the information correctly, I am not sure why it would still be popping up.

I'm not sure if that helped. Good luck!