+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schedule A Background/Declaration Form

Ambiance44

Oct 6, 2008
Dear community,

I am a Canadian citizen, currently living in the US. I am sponsoring my wife for Canada. All the paperwork appears to be in order so far, but we got an email from Immigration, Refugees, and Immigration Canada saying the following:

We require the following item(s) to continue processing your application:
  • You must complete the Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form which is found at the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/eIMM5669E.pdf

You and all of your family members aged 18 or older (if applicable) must submit this form. The
    document must be received at this office
  • At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:...
I have the police and FBI certificates for my wife, but I am unclear if they want the Schedule A and police certificates for me also. I am not able to find any indication in the documentation if I, as a Canadian citizen, need to submit such documentation. Would someone please advice?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Dear community,

I am a Canadian citizen, currently living in the US. I am sponsoring my wife for Canada. All the paperwork appears to be in order so far, but we got an email from Immigration, Refugees, and Immigration Canada saying the following:

• You must complete the Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form which is found at the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/eIMM5669E.pdf

You and all of your family members aged 18 or older (if applicable) must submit this form. The
I have the police and FBI certificates for my wife, but I am unclear if they want the Schedule A and police certificates for me also. I am not able to find any indication in the documentation if I, as a Canadian citizen, need to submit such documentation. Would someone please advice?
Only the applicant needs to, not the sponsor

Reactions: msb

Ambiance44

Oct 6, 2008
Only the applicant needs to, not the sponsor
Thank you. So only the wife's Schedule A Background/Declaration form, and her police certificates, correct?

I'm pretty sure I have submitted her Schedule A along with the general immigration application and other papers. I wonder why they have asked to send it again.

MianMA

Feb 21, 2017
App. Filed.......
15 Feb 2017
Doc's Request.
30 Mar 2017
AOR Received.
25 May 2017
Med's Request
8 June 2017
Dear community,

This form only needs to be filled out by your wife ( and if you have dependant children over 18) you as Canadian Citizen don't need to fill out this form. the same applies for police clearence certificate

Ambiance44

Oct 6, 2008
This form only needs to be filled out by your wife ( and if you have dependant children over 18) you as Canadian Citizen don't need to fill out this form. the same applies for police clearence certificate
Thank you very much. I appreciate the information.

cognitus

Aug 6, 2018
The government used to ask this form with a wrong form number as a temporary resident visa. The correct form that I found is IMM 5669