+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schedule A/Background Declaration 5669 E 2-2018

christaalice

Apr 18, 2018
I'm having trouble validating my form, specifically because of question 6.
When it asks for employment starting from the most recent, I get a notification saying

Review the Personal History section, it seems like some information is missing.
· Enter the most recent information first.
· Don’t leave any gaps in time.

I started my most recent (and ongoing) job in 2016. I'm not sure how to rewrite it, because that is the most recent.. I'm assuming that the problem is because it appears to be a gap between now and then, but I'm currently at the same job, so there's no gap in time!
Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks!

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
did you check the ongoing checkbox ?

christaalice

Apr 18, 2018
I solved the problem and I hope this helps other people! It turns out that rather than a "gap" in employment, the problem was an "overlap" because I was employed at two places at the same time, and had listed both.

Reactions: PrincessEnriquez

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Good to know. SO howd you solve it.
Adding it in Additional sheet ?

christaalice

Apr 18, 2018
Since I started working at both places in the same month (June 2012) and stopped working at both companies in the same month (January 2016), give or take a few days on either end, I wrote the two names in the "name of company, employer, school, facility, as applicable" box. I then attached a note explaining why there were two names there.

I after validating and printing, I decided to experiment with it a little to see if I could help anyone with a similar situation in the future since those dates lined up just by chance.
  • The easiest way to do it would be to only list one job, as long as all dates are covered, or enter the date of the first job, and "end" when the second job started, but I didn't want to do that since it's possible, but not honest.
  • Another way was to only enter one job, and complete the form and validate/print/etc, then to open up that specific page from the form a second time and enter the information from the other job and print it, attaching both together, and providing a typed or written explanation as to why there's an extra page.
I feel the problem is coming from fillable PDFs/ PDF SmartForms that aren't quite "smart" enough to figure that out.

There have been SO many setbacks with my application that required a lot of trial-and-error before figuring out the best way to do it (barcodes on a Mac, calling CIC from outside of Canada, and getting my first application returned because of "missing" information that was actually there) I'm thankful I could figure them all out!

jimjam26

Jun 20, 2017
Interesting... I'm seeing a lot of topics about issues with overlapping dates, and I'm having the same problem.

I guess I should just add a word document/pdf with the extra information and an explanation that the form basically is just broken?

christaalice

Apr 18, 2018
My suggestion would be to complete and validate the form, and then either use the same form (just for those pages) to add the extra information. Of course the additional pages would not be able to be validated, so you would need to provide an explanation as it's stated in the document checklist... Or, as you said, write everything out in a word document. Personally, I would try to create a table that looks similar to the one you're required to fill out in the official form.
ALSO because I almost missed this, after you electronically sign and date, if you're submitting a paper application, you must also sign in ink. I almost missed it, but the fine print on the document checklist says that the application will be returned if it isn't signed in person.
On a different topic, something I learned from a CIC agent (after being on hold for nearly two hours) is that all forms must be signed and dated within 90 days of being submitted, or they aren't considered valid anymore. So... be careful!!

jimjam26

Jun 20, 2017
My suggestion would be to complete and validate the form, and then either use the same form (just for those pages) to add the extra information. Of course the additional pages would not be able to be validated, so you would need to provide an explanation as it's stated in the document checklist... Or, as you said, write everything out in a word document. Personally, I would try to create a table that looks similar to the one you're required to fill out in the official form.
ALSO because I almost missed this, after you electronically sign and date, if you're submitting a paper application, you must also sign in ink. I almost missed it, but the fine print on the document checklist says that the application will be returned if it isn't signed in person.
On a different topic, something I learned from a CIC agent (after being on hold for nearly two hours) is that all forms must be signed and dated within 90 days of being submitted, or they aren't considered valid anymore. So... be careful!!
So I wrote everything out in a separate sheet, but I can't upload online. There's no option to upload add-on attachments to the Schedule A form... Do I have to submit it by mail now? I can not find any clear and straightforward information on this.

christaalice

Apr 18, 2018
I think if you're applying through MyCIC, there's an option called "additional info" that I'm assuming would work. It wouldn't be directly attached to the Schedule A, but it would be included with your information. I can't say for sure, I applied by mail. Did you search any forums for help with uploading documents?

jimjam26

Jun 20, 2017
Did submitting through ircc webform work for any of you?
I was able to submit extra documents through the IRCC Webform just fine. A day later I got an automated email response that basically said
"We won't contact you further about this unless there is a specific issue or delay."

So they received my documents, that's confirmed. But I have not been accepted, denied, or asked for further information yet... so I can't really confirm if it "works" in the sense that its the proper thing to do. When I get my next contact from IRCC I will try to remember to come back to this forum and update these posts with new information.

M

marilamb

I was able to submit extra documents through the IRCC Webform just fine. A day later I got an automated email response that basically said
"We won't contact you further about this unless there is a specific issue or delay."

So they received my documents, that's confirmed. But I have not been accepted, denied, or asked for further information yet... so I can't really confirm if it "works" in the sense that its the proper thing to do. When I get my next contact from IRCC I will try to remember to come back to this forum and update these posts with new information.
I got this:

Good day Marianne,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

• explanations.pdf.
We have forwarded it and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of the application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Agent

jimjam26

Jun 20, 2017
I got this:

Good day Marianne,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

• explanations.pdf.
We have forwarded it and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of the application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Agent
Oh. I got a totally different message that was even more generic. It didn't have my name in it or acknowledge the pdf i sent directly.