+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Schedule A Background 5669 NOT VALIDATING

Fantasmu

Aug 24, 2015
I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this for me... I'm filling out the forms for my wife's permanent residency application and I've had no problems completing every form. Now I'm on the Schedule A Background / Declaration and it's the last sheet we need to finish. I've filled it out completely and hit "Validate", but I get the following error message:

"Review the Personal History section, it seems like some information is missing. Enter the most recent information first. Don't leave any gaps in time."

And it highlights the first date in the Personal History field. I have it as June 2016 (paperwork sent back twice, don't ask...) because that's when my wife came into Canada, and she's been unemployed the entire time. So I have June 2016 and "ongoing" selected, but it's highlighting that 2016. I tried changing it to 2018 to be the "most recent" (thinking I could just add another field for the other temporary residency permit she was on) but that didn't work either...

Anyone know what the problem is? It's the LAST form we need to complete so a bit frustrating to say the least...

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
how many rows do you have in total for that personal history.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this for me... I'm filling out the forms for my wife's permanent residency application and I've had no problems completing every form. Now I'm on the Schedule A Background / Declaration and it's the last sheet we need to finish. I've filled it out completely and hit "Validate", but I get the following error message:

"Review the Personal History section, it seems like some information is missing. Enter the most recent information first. Don't leave any gaps in time."

And it highlights the first date in the Personal History field. I have it as June 2016 (paperwork sent back twice, don't ask...) because that's when my wife came into Canada, and she's been unemployed the entire time. So I have June 2016 and "ongoing" selected, but it's highlighting that 2016. I tried changing it to 2018 to be the "most recent" (thinking I could just add another field for the other temporary residency permit she was on) but that didn't work either...

Anyone know what the problem is? It's the LAST form we need to complete so a bit frustrating to say the least...
Change the "ongoing" to today's date and try again.

Fantasmu

Aug 24, 2015
Don't leave any gaps in time......check your dates to ensure there are no overlaps or gaps.
Will the overlapping dates create that error message? Because she was a student and employed at the same time, so it'll end up overlapping.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Will the overlapping dates create that error message? Because she was a student and employed at the same time, so it'll end up overlapping.
try it to see if it creates problem.......also, instead of entering Today's Date in the TO Date field, i try leaving the TO Date blank.......see if if works

Last edited:

Fantasmu

Aug 24, 2015
Ok so I changed it to make sure there were no overlapping dates and that worked! Would it be a good idea to include a note saying that there were some dates that overlapped but the form didn't allow them, or should I leave it as is?

Fantasmu

Aug 24, 2015
And one last question, just because I don't want to miss anything... do we both have to fill out the Schedule A form? Only because it says "the principal applicant, his or her spouse, if applicable..." I just want to make sure if that means a spouse that's coming into Canada as well or a spouse who is already a Canadian.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Ok so I changed it to make sure there were no overlapping dates and that worked! Would it be a good idea to include a note saying that there were some dates that overlapped but the form didn't allow them, or should I leave it as is?
You may include a Note to explain there were some dates that overlapped but the form didn't allow them......indicate any missing overlap dates

Last edited:

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
And one last question, just because I don't want to miss anything... do we both have to fill out the Schedule A form? Only because it says "the principal applicant, his or her spouse, if applicable..." I just want to make sure if that means a spouse that's coming into Canada as well or a spouse who is already a Canadian.
Schedule A should be filled by the Principal Applicant (i.e., the person been sponsored to come to Canada), and their dependant(s) 18 years or older included in the PR application.........The Sponsor (PR or Citizen) not required to fill Schedule A.

jimjam26

Jun 20, 2017
Hi everyone.

I'm having the same exact problem. There were periods of time where I had overlapping jobs, or travelled outside of the USA while still having a job... This form makes no sense. Did they seriously not account for anyone to have two simultaneous jobs/events in the same period of time?

What am I supposed to do? 90% of my personal history is overlapping events...

Reactions: mapple007

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
You can have overlapping in the personal history but you CAN NOT be in two different countries at the same time. That's when you will see errors. Overlapping work, study, travels etc is fine as long as they are in the same country. For example:

The following pair will result in an error:
Company A - From 2016 January to 2018 December IN Ottawa, ON
Travel to USA - From 2016 July to 2016 August IN New York, NY

The following pair is ok and will NOT result in an error:
Company A - From 2016 January to 2018 December IN Ottawa, ON
Travel to USA - From 2016 July to 2016 August IN Vancouver, BC

matchamochi

Sep 11, 2019
Overlapping events in Schedule A also caused a problem for our application. I had called IRCC and they said that the application would be returned if that were any forms that were not validated. So we removed the event that prevented us from validating the form and wrote an explanation for that event with all the details on a separate sheet.