+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

schedule 1: background/declaration question....

whoppi

Aug 7, 2009
Hi, I realize that this question has been asked before, however, I was unable to find an answer to it when i searched. Anyway, I'm wondering how many copies of the Schedule 1 - background/declaration form has to be sent...it says to send original copy in the Sponsor's Document Checklest, however, in the "Appendix A" Document Checklist is says to that we have to complete 3 copies. We are applying outland and application will go through Buffalo if sponsorship is approved. Any responses greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Send three - better to send too many than not enough.

Ssarah183

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
Who are you sponsoring? I am bring sponsored by my partner and I never saw this on the list, now I am worried!

whoppi

Aug 7, 2009
Thanks Robsluv...yeah, i agree and will send the extras!!

Ssarah183, I am canadian and sponsoring my husband who is from the US. On the sponsorship document checklist it says to send the original, but on his "Appendix A" checklist is says that he needs 3 copies of this form....a little unclear! Anyway, if you've already sent off your package and you're worried, you could call CIC and ask for clarification and if need be, maybe you can send the additonal copies.

dfb

Star Member
Jul 23, 2008
I never noticed that it asked for three copies! I just went back and looked when I saw this post, and you are right. At any rate, I just sent one and got my passport request letter, so it seems that all is OK.

But given that you are aware of this requirement, I would include 3 copies!

mud504@yahoo

Oct 20, 2008
Indiana
I sent to Buffalo. I did not read where it said 3 copies on Appendix A when doing my own. I only read somewhere in the applications where it said to include 1. But I see what your talking about now "You and each of your family members 18 years of age or older must complete three copies of their own form Schedule 1 - Background/Declaration." I only sent in 1 with no problem, but it won't hurt 2 send in 3.