+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SCDL Diploma is evaluated by ICAS

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
I called wes.org last month and they said if the scdl distance learning coming in the drop down select then we can evaulate, with that point, i have pushed my SCDL PGDIT documents to wes.org last week, i was able to see scdl.net university in the wes as well. i am thinking they should evaluate. I will update this group on progress of same.

Reactions: NehaGupta19

Ammy_Pune

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Dear Forum Members,

I can see loads of queries and ambiguities regarding the evaluation of SCDL Diploma's. I was also sailing in the same boat and I took a decision to try other agency than WES, as WES are not evaluating the SCDL diploma.

I sent my docs to ICAS of Canada. They have evaluated my SCDL- PGDBA as "Post Bachelors Diploma"
I took admission in 2005, however completed my diploma in 2010 from SCDL.

You can visit SCDL website to get the procedure for obtaining the transcripts. It is pretty straight forward process.

ICAS website can provide you all the details about sending your application to them. Though they take good 4 months to evaluate, but this is worth trying.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any query regarding this.

All the best!!!

Max
Hi MaxPandey,
Thanks for the information about ICAS. I am curious to know the option your going to select for the Canada immigration express entry profile.
Have you selected 6th option "Two or more certificates diploma/ degree..." how much is/was your CRS score by this ECA ?

I am opting for my wife for her SCDL (start 2017 batch end on Feb 2020) passout in 2 years PDG-CRM.
When I have completed my SCDL PGDIT ECA from IQAS I have received "University Diploma with a focus in information technology" so boath IQAS and ICAS validate with diffrent recognision, So need to know was it helped you to get the score and get selected for PR ?

Ammy_Pune

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Hi All,

I have paid the fees to ICAS for ECA of SCDL PGDBA 2015 batch completed in 2018. Awaiting transcripts from SCDL. Will update here once I send the transcripts to ICAS.

I have already sent my set of copies of degree and marksheet to ICAS.
Eyes are open for your status update, Cant wait till IQAS start operating for new applications and then 4 months wait time.
Thanks mate god bless you for your good work, All the best.

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
Hi MaxPandey,
Thanks for the information about ICAS. I am curious to know the option your going to select for the Canada immigration express entry profile.
Have you selected 6th option "Two or more certificates diploma/ degree..." how much is/was your CRS score by this ECA ?

I am opting for my wife for her SCDL (start 2017 batch end on Feb 2020) passout in 2 years PDG-CRM.
When I have completed my SCDL PGDIT ECA from IQAS I have received "University Diploma with a focus in information technology" so boath IQAS and ICAS validate with diffrent recognision, So need to know was it helped you to get the score and get selected for PR ?
Hi,

I have not started the process and my wife is trying to get the desired score. She is having a masters degree and it is better if she becomes the primary applicant. However, below is the details for education and points. Hope this helps.

Level of Education With a spouse or common-law partner
(Maximum 140 points) Without a spouse or common-law partner
(Maximum 150 points)
Less than secondary school (high school) 0 0
Secondary diploma (high school graduation) 28 30
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute 84 90
Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute 91 98
Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute 112 120
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years 119 128
Master's degree, OR professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession (For “professional degree,” the degree program must have been in: medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, optometry, law, chiropractic medicine, or pharmacy.) 126 135
Doctoral level university degree (Ph.D.) 140 150

Also, below certificates will be considered for the above -

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice:
One must be for a program of three or more years.
ECA assessment results:
A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree
PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
Regards
Max

Dec 31, 2019
Hi All,

I have paid the fees to ICAS for ECA of SCDL PGDBA 2015 batch completed in 2018. Awaiting transcripts from SCDL. Will update here once I send the transcripts to ICAS.

Hi all,

Transcripts sent from SCDL today... Will keep everyone posted.. Actually I had mailed SCDL for ECAs accepting their degrees and also asked som consultants.. SCDL and the consultants suggested to try ICAS or IQAS.
Its a long shot but worth trying..

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hi all,

Transcripts sent from SCDL today... Will keep everyone posted.. Actually I had mailed SCDL for ECAs accepting their degrees and also asked som consultants.. SCDL and the consultants suggested to try ICAS or IQAS.
Its a long shot but worth trying..
My Transcripts were from SCDL were received by WES by End of Jan'20, but still they have not updated the date by which they will complete the evaulation., however they confirm that they received the document and validating the SCDL documents if they have all document or need more documents.
I am still not sure how WES will react next next few weeks, But I will keep you updated if I get to know anything from my current status.

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Oops,
So now there has been recent update on my WES - PGDIT - from scdl.

I have got an message from WES that they want to ensure that my degree and documents are valid and to ensure it they have sent it to SCDL by mail and email both. and they told me that they are waiting for the university to reply and then only they will proceed and any delay from the university will cause the delay in them processing my WES.

Well, I am not sure how much time SCDL will take to respond such request, but anyone else has any similer experiance kindly let me know what has happen in your case and how much time usually scdl has taken to reply.
also do i need to contact SCDL in these type of cases?>

thanks
labhesh

Ammy_Pune

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
1) ICAS response to my query regarding SCDL ECA validation for Canada Immigration purpose.

https://prnt.sc/rcct3j

2) I have called SCDL to verify the UGC & AICT recognized.
SCDL is AICT recognised since 2018 and before that it was UGC, This means in absence of IQAS we can opt for ICAS for ECA.

3) As per ICAS website.

Processing Time (ECA Reports)
Based on significant sustained increases in the number of requests for assessment and anticipated further increases, ICAS has adjusted average processing times. The average processing time for the Canadian Immigration Assessment Package is approximately 30 weeks from the date on which all required documentation is received in our office. This is an approximate processing time and is not a guarantee. ICAS does not offer rush services. This information will be updated as necessary based on application volumes.

Ammy_Pune

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Oops,
So now there has been recent update on my WES - PGDIT - from scdl.

I have got an message from WES that they want to ensure that my degree and documents are valid and to ensure it they have sent it to SCDL by mail and email both. and they told me that they are waiting for the university to reply and then only they will proceed and any delay from the university will cause the delay in them processing my WES.

Well, I am not sure how much time SCDL will take to respond such request, but anyone else has any similer experiance kindly let me know what has happen in your case and how much time usually scdl has taken to reply.
also do i need to contact SCDL in these type of cases?>

thanks
labhesh

Please keep up updated, Wish you all the best.
In case WES ask for your 12th or Bachelor Transcript, This means they are not accepting your PGDIT. So ignore and avoide money on other things directly change your ECA to ICAS or IQAS after 17th May 2020.

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Please keep up updated, Wish you all the best.
In case WES ask for your 12th or Bachelor Transcript, This means they are not accepting your PGDIT. So ignore and avoide money on other things directly change your ECA to ICAS or IQAS after 17th May 2020.
Yes, I will update you, as of now, the status is in progress, and i am hoping these things should finish by March'20. will update here on progress

Urvi23

Mar 8, 2020
Hi All,

Hello Sachin
Please update your application status and the time period they will be showing for evaluation after receiving doscuments as I am also planning to send my SCDL - PGDBA transcript to ICAS. But not sure if they will evaluate diploma.

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Well, there is an update from SCDL, they have now received all the documentation and given me the date by which they will complete everythinh from their side, around 5th april. so that is really good news.

the only thing to know, what equivalent they evaluate my SCDL PGDIT !

Dec 31, 2019
Hello Sachin
Please update your application status and the time period they will be showing for evaluation after receiving doscuments as I am also planning to send my SCDL - PGDBA transcript to ICAS. But not sure if they will evaluate diploma.

Current status

03-06-2020Additional Information / Documents Received
03-04-2020Additional information required. Communication sent by email
02-21-2020Additional Information / Documents Received
02-11-2020Application Received

Reactions: Urvi23

Urvi23

Mar 8, 2020
Also I am confused in the 4th step of application.
It is asking "Report Required For" with the following options available:

1. Federal Skilled Worker
2. Federal Skilled Trades
3. Canadian Experience Class
4. Provincial Nominee Program
5. Atlantic Immigration Pilot
6. Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
7. Agri-Food Immigration Pilot

I am doing this ECA for immigration purpose. Kindly let me know which option needs to be selected here.

labheshcanada007

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hi Guys, My SCDL PGDIT report is completed by WES today, but I am not able to understand what it is equal to:
I already have a bachelor's degree(3 years - full time) from wes and on top of that SCDL - 2 years of distance learning. now I am not sure how many additional points I will get for this post graduate diploma.

Per WES report : my 3 year bachelor is equal to 3 year full time canadian degree but
this is what the WES report says for the diploma course:

Credential: Post Graduate diploma
Awarded by: Symbiosis center for distance learning
major: information technology

Canadian Equivalency: post graduate diploma from a non-recognized institution.

Kindly let me know what should I select

None, or less than secondary (high school)
Secondary diploma (high school graduation)
One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Bachelor's degree (three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute)
Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years
Master's degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
Doctoral level university degree (PhD)

Last edited: