+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scared of the vicious circle: security/criminal

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Hi,

I applied for another job, I’m at the last steps. Problem: for the criminal back ground check they’re asking for 5 years of addresses.
It was a pain (really !) when I applied for my PR to get a Iraqi police certificate. It took me many many many months and a lot of money to get it.

Are they going to ask me every time I apply for a job as a PR for my previous police certificates ? I’m really tired if it’s the case.
Do I’ve to go through this painful process every time I apply for some jobs ?

When I sent the Triton consent form to my employer, only “CPIC investigate data bank” was checked, not “ police information portal (PIP)”…why ? Why PIP is not being checked ?

thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I applied for another job, I’m at the last steps. Problem: for the criminal back ground check they’re asking for 5 years of addresses.
It was a pain (really !) when I applied for my PR to get a Iraqi police certificate. It took me many many many months and a lot of money to get it.

Are they going to ask me every time I apply for a job as a PR for my previous police certificates ? I’m really tired if it’s the case.
Do I’ve to go through this painful process every time I apply for some jobs ?

When I sent the Triton consent form to my employer, only “CPIC investigate data bank” was checked, not “ police information portal (PIP)”…why ? Why PIP is not being checked ?

thanks
No - they won't ask you to provide police certificates as part of a job application.

Reactions: Idrissrafd

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
What, didn't walmart ask for the PCCs too?
Lol no.
But on a serious note, it’s that “5 years of addresses” that triggered me. Why asking 5 years ? And especially why not being more precise “within Canada”, what’s the point of asking even foreign addresses ? That’s the thing that scared me.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Lol no.
But on a serious note, it’s that “5 years of addresses” that triggered me. Why asking 5 years ? And especially why not being more precise “within Canada”, what’s the point of asking even foreign addresses ? That’s the thing that scared me.
It's pretty basic stuff. Chill. Too much stuff triggers you. Addresses just helps establish who is who.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Lol no.
The five years is standard for background checks. The five years includes all addresses regardless of whether you have been living in Canada or outside of Canada. You don't get to shorten the period of the background check or exclude a period from your background check just because you were outside of Canada. That would defeat the purpose of a background check. It's five years regardless.

Reactions: YVR123

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Lol no.
EVERYONE is asked that . I was born here and get asked that . In a previous job I had to give 15 years of address history for a background check and my neighbours were called as part of the process . If it bothers you , just don’t apply for the job

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
I received my contract from my employer (working with the gov of Ontario) and I signed it. Now, everything is done, as long as "I pass the security screening from MGCS" (Ministry of Government and Consumer Services). I don't know what's that. I hope it's not going to take ages like the Security screening with CBSA/CSIS.

I searched on serviceontario and I found this :

The type and extent of screening is based on an approved risk assessment related to the role the contractor will be taking on. Not all contract work requires security screening.

The Contractor Security Screening Operating Policy (CSSOP) applies to all ministries, commission public bodies (CPBs) and Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and ensures consistent screening practices are in place.

Contractor Security Screening (CSS), Supply Chain Ontario (SCO), Ministry of Government and Consumer Services (MGCS) is responsible for coordinating security screening and making screening decisions for contractors, on behalf of the OPS.

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
It's pretty basic stuff. Chill. Too much stuff triggers you. Addresses just helps establish who is who.
I think I was right for the SS when we have to work with the gov.

I found this :

An Out-of-Country Police Certificate will also be required for applicants who have lived outside Canada for more than six consecutive months in the last five years.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/contractor-security-screening-information-vendors

That's so bad, hope we can still give an "expired" PCC.

hopefully my Iraqi PCC is still valid till January 25, 2022. But imagine if it was expired, all my plans would be ruined.

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Either you produce what is required, or you don't get a job
Thank you mister obvious.
I’m trying to understand the reason behind the criminal background and SS that we’ve faced during our PR process ? Either newcomers are clean or they’re not. If they’re not, they should not get PR. If they were clean (criminal background passed ; security screening passed), give me a good reason for asking the previous PCC one more time.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Thank you mister obvious.
I’m trying to understand the reason behind the criminal background and SS that we’ve faced during our PR process ? Either newcomers are clean or they’re not. If they’re not, they should not get PR. If they were clean (criminal background passed ; security screening passed), give me a good reason for asking the previous PCC one more time.
Mr. Not So Obvious, why don't you ask this question of your emplyer?