+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scared and confused.

SaoirseB

Apr 17, 2017
Thank you for replying :)
I've submitted an Outland app but my real problem is I need to go home in a couple of weeks and I'm out of status. I know leaving corrects that's but concerned about being allowed to re enter Canada . My eta was approved ,my husband of 17 yrs is Canadian and my young kids are citizens too. Do you think all theses factors will help sway the border officer to let me enter upon my return "home"

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
SaoirseB said:
Thank you for replying :)
I've submitted an Outland app but my real problem is I need to go home in a couple of weeks and I'm out of status. I know leaving corrects that's but concerned about being allowed to re enter Canada . My eta was approved ,my husband of 17 yrs is Canadian and my young kids are citizens too. Do you think all theses factors will help sway the border officer to let me enter upon my return "home"
The best answer I can give is that you should be fine but there is no guarantee you will be allowed to re-enter.

It would be better if your family actually travels with you. CBSA doesn't like to split up families but just saying to a CBSA officer "My family is Canadian" isn't as effective as them actually standing there with you.

SaoirseB

Apr 17, 2017
Someone mentioned dual intent . We still have our house back home ,also I still have a bank account . I intend to leave Canada again in August for a visit home with the kids . This I'm thinking shows I have ties back home and intent to leave ? What do you think . Feel sick here with worry :(

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
SaoirseB said:
Someone mentioned dual intent . We still have our house back home ,also I still have a bank account . I intend to leave Canada again in August for a visit home with the kids . This I'm thinking shows I have ties back home and intent to leave ? What do you think . Feel sick here with worry :(
The fact that you've overstayed so long really shows that you don't have dual intent.

Honestly, all you can do at this point is try or not go.

SaoirseB

Apr 17, 2017
As another member of this forum said in one of my posts.... I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place . I wish someone could tell me for sure how it would go but I know that's not possible !
Still hoping there is someone on here that's gone through this and that I can possibly be the only idiot here to leave it all till things go pear shaped !

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SaoirseB said:
As another member of this forum said in one of my posts.... I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place . I wish someone could tell me for sure how it would go but I know that's not possible !
Still hoping there is someone on here that's gone through this and that I can possibly be the only idiot here to leave it all till things go pear shaped !
But there in lies the problem!

Since there is no set rule regarding someone in your situation, it's ultimately up to the CBSA officer to make the determination based on a number of things, including their mood...which doesn't seem fair. I think it's safe to assume that if you had not already submitted the sponsorship application, your chances would be close to zero. The $64k question is: How much does that matter now?

When did you actually apply? It would be great if you at least had SA (Sponsor Approval) before you came back. It would only help your case.