+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough Test Centre - Waiting for Ceremony

Askaaa

Oct 9, 2013
Hi All,

I passed my citizenship test at Scarborough in September 2013 and have since been waiting for a ceremony date. They mentioned that it'll take 2-4 months but the call centre can do anything about it before 6 months pass. No RQ.

Anyone in the same boat or has a similar experience?

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
I did my test in October ,and I did not get oath letter yet. I passed the test 20 out of 20 ,and did not understend why some one got oath letter for one two weeks or months :(

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Can you guys share your timeline, if you do not mind. I did my test last week, too early to ask for Oath letter for me :). I have applied in May 2012. Also with Scarborough office.

ellisweston

Oct 14, 2009
Hi Askaa, Dalida, Yolka

Did you guys get the oath invitation? I wrote my test at Scarborough on December 6th. No Oath invitation yet.

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Hi Askaa. Did you get letter for ceremony?
Today I called CIC centre, and have explained my cituation, that already 4 months I am waiting for an oath, at the same time people got invitation letter for ceremony in very short time. What is going on? Their answer was -you are is in proccess. why some people get their letter faster but I have to wait? I am frustrated, first we were told that is going to take between 2 weeks and 2 months from the test, after 2 months passed I called and was told that in fact it may take even to 4 months, now I was told to wait until april and then call. If they tell us is gonna take 6 months, ok, I will be prepared, but to be brushed off every time I call is upsetting.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
ellisweston said:
Hi Askaa, Dalida, Yolka

Did you guys get the oath invitation? I wrote my test at Scarborough on December 6th. No Oath invitation yet.
I did not get Oath yet. I just had my exam last week, can not complain yet.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can't complain as I did test last week too.. but two people from other scarborough thread got oath within two weeks of test.

its weird how they process the applications.

PR42LONG

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I took the test yesterday too and I ma awaiting the Oath letter :)

Fingers crossed for us guys

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good luck PR42LONG
DO you mind sharing your experience? how was the interview?

PR42LONG said:
I took the test yesterday too and I ma awaiting the Oath letter :)

Fingers crossed for us guys

PR42LONG

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
good luck PR42LONG
DO you mind sharing your experience? how was the interview?
I did my test! It was easy! I didn't ask if I passed but I bet if I didn't they would have informed me. I was asked where I worked and I presented my info - I work for the government too :)
Over all, it was a great convo with the interviewer and I was told I will be contacted in 2 to 4 months with an Oath date (the general timeline they using now)
The interviewer didn't really ask much about my life - I did have to correct a few dates on my vacation in 2009. I had all my documents, so it wasn't a big deal.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
Can you guys share your timeline, if you do not mind. I did my test last week, too early to ask for Oath letter for me :). I have applied in May 2012. Also with Scarborough office.
hey Yolka, did you hear back on oath yet?

Feb 1, 2014
Hi friends

I took my test on Dec 18th. I remember on the board it said, oath would be in 2 months. Do not have a notification yet or anything updated on my file online. Anyone on the forum who have taken the test on Dec 13th at Scarborough Test Centre. Any updates of the date of oath.

Thanks for your inputs and advice.

SV

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Citizenship2013 said:
Hi friends

I took my test on Dec 18th. I remember on the board it said, oath would be in 2 months. Do not have a notification yet or anything updated on my file online. Anyone on the forum who have taken the test on Dec 13th at Scarborough Test Centre. Any updates of the date of oath.

Thanks for your inputs and advice.

SV
hey, yes. I have seen that too but we are not sure how Scarborough is working. Take a look at this thread, some folks took test and they got the Oath within 2 weeks from Scarborough

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/scarborough-office-citizenship-oath-t174274.45.html