+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough Test Centre and interview

mandeepsandhu

Aug 22, 2012
maidentower said:
hey @ mandeepsandhu ! How did your oath go yesterday? Tell us everything! :D
Oath Ceremony went very well. It was a great experience :) .. Reached there at 8:10am and stood in line for 5 mins and then entered the hall. PR card was taken at the door and got seat#. Once all the new citizens were present in the room, the clerk mentioned about the whole ceremony process. First we took the Oath in English and French and then the judge handed us all our Citizenship certificate. When everybody got their certificate we sang O Canada in French. After the national anthem, everybody got a chance to click pictures with the judge. The whole ceremony took 2 hours.

All in all a ceremony not to be missed :)

maidentower

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sounds great @mandeepsandhu !

I found it a bit surprising though that the oath was done in french and anthem just in french?

I suppose I just assumed it would all be in English - guess I better brush on the french part of the oath and the anthem before my day! ;)

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Had my test today at Scarborough (November 17th), had a 5-6 minutes interview with the officer. and got the oath letter immediately after the interview. Got a perfect score 20/20 and the oath was scheduled on Nov 28th. :p :p :p

maidentower

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

Took my oath today :D

Received: Jan 15
In Process: March 15
Test: October 25
OAth: November 24

My question is: Can someone tell me what the form was which we signed? There were two boxes I signed in. The line was so long and we were being rushed so I didnt even read what I signed...

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maidentower said:
Hey guys,

Took my oath today :D

Received: Jan 15
In Process: March 15
Test: October 25
OAth: November 24

My question is: Can someone tell me what the form was which we signed? There were two boxes I signed in. The line was so long and we were being rushed so I didnt even read what I signed...
Your consent to CIC to use your picture and video taken during the oath ceremony.

maidentower

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No not that. Thats the pink form for the consent of video taping etc.

I'm talking about the other form you sign after you get your Canadian Citizenship Certificate?

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Does the Scarborough Test Centre give you the Oath Invite right after the Test & Interview? I have been following this forum and most Mississauga applicants get the Oath invite right away.. what about the Scarborough office? I would like to hear peoples most recent Scarborough experience.. please share your stories with dates..

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
My file was transferred to Scarborough on October 29th.. Approximately when I can expect test invite ?

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are giving some people and not giving the others. so if you would like to know that , yes they do.

wanabecanadian said:
Does the Scarborough Test Centre give you the Oath Invite right after the Test & Interview? I have been following this forum and most Mississauga applicants get the Oath invite right away.. what about the Scarborough office? I would like to hear peoples most recent Scarborough experience.. please share your stories with dates..

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife and son applied on April 24th and they had test today at 1.30pm. Test was not complicated but one must read the Text Book instead of fully relying on online practice. There is many True/False type question and few are from Book's footnote pictures.

I was sitting in the interview room just behind them. It was not a formal interview type. 3-4 female officer just sitting with chair table and no computer system. They mostly checks the Passports, IDs, COPR and not much questions. I find she was discussing with them not much official issues.. At the end, she given them oath letter for 12 Jan.

I observed there was around 30 people in the interview room after test and the officers were going thru each of them very fast 3-4 min max and handing over oath letter. CIC must have given the officers to make things simple to clear the backlog and whoever pass the test just check original document and provide oath letter..

It is may be noted that under the new C-24 rule, all decisions is being made by CPC, Sydney eliminating CJ from the process which makes local office literally conduct test and check the documents from application checklist..